almost reseated.... and grateful in advance for the successful return.

darcy

Hello QT People,

Gave away my quit about two weeks ago.  One of the top two most unskillful choices of my life.  The other one being the first quit I let go.

Taking it back at the end of today.

Hoping I make it.  

Feeling wobbly already, yet doing all I can to set up for success.

Hoping to ride the rails with you all and STICK CLOSER and contribute more.

I really loved the freedom.   I look forward to being free again shortly.

thanks in advance for the support.

Best regards ~darcy

• Like 6

Hi @darcy, hey you're here now so why not start your quit? I know from my own experience that giving myself a future quit date never worked but we're all different.....

I hope this time you take full advantage of everything we have to offer here including the SOS forum. I used it several times my first year. And at that site there was no dedicated forum like we have here. Here all moderators and members who follow that forum get notified when someone posts so that we can come try to talk you off the ledge and save your quit 😊

Anyway, we have great new directions with screenshots so that you can make yourself a new ticker. Just be sure to delete your current one first or it'll revert back to it. 😊

https://www.quittrain.com/topic/15042-creating-a-ticker/

• Like 7

Welcome Darcy!!!! I’m glad that you want ride the train with us! I literally would be sitting in my favorite chair on my front porch  chain smoking away right now if it weren’t for the QuitTrain and all of the helpful and kind fellow passengers here with me! Stick close and let us know if you need us. We are here for you! 🤗

• Like 7

Welcome back Darcy.  Good call on giving up the smokes once and for all.

21 hours ago, darcy said:

I really loved the freedom.   I look forward to being free again shortly.

There's a lot to love about freedom.  The good news is: freedom is right there in front of you, you just have to reach out and grab it.

Grab a seat and stay awhile.  Enjoy the ride.

• Like 5

Welcome back, Darcy.  I'm sorry you relapsed but am happy you have decided to quit again.

You can do this.  Stick around.  There is a lot of support here.  Quitting smoking is something you will be glad you did.

• Like 5

@darcy kudos to you for jumping back on the train!   I am so excited for you that you are reclaiming your freedom!   I relate to that sentiment.  I am just a few days away from being 4 weeks quit and I too love the freedom.    I really love not having to plot when and where I can smoke when out and about.   We've  got this!!!

🐻

• Like 4

Thanks to all for the acknowledgement and support.

Slept most of yesterday and cleaning and dancing this morning. Planning on swimming later today.

it is the self doubt that is the struggle.       I choose to believe.

grateful this site is here and all of you are here,

• Like 5

You have been there and done that Darcy, so get back to it.

I am still working on getting a year under my belt and just seem to blow it just before.

This is the one I get to that year and just like Forest Gump I ran my quit to a year I might as well run it to two years and the 3, 4, 5.

You have your tools, you have all this support grab on and run with it !

• Like 3

Just letting you know I am on the train.  Grateful to know this support is here. 

Doing okay. Today has been clunky and doable.

ever so grateful I choose to be quit.    this is the life I want.

must reread the relapse / maintenance information.   I am curious how I will do things differently.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, darcy said:

Just letting you know I am on the train.  Grateful to know this support is here. 

must reread the relapse / maintenance information.   I am curious how I will do things differently.

You will succeed this time !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, darcy said:

Just don’t set anything on fire, and then put it in your mouth! 😊

• Like 2