Add it up

Lust4Life

So…how many of you are now singing the Violent Femmes? 🤣

I was just deleting and reviewing apps on my handy dandy device.  So many that I don’t use anymore… got to let them go! 

I came across one that I hadn’t seen in quite sometime.  It was buried between useless clutter. 

This app was once my lifeline.  It is a ticker for smoking cessation.  

Once upon a time I opened it compulsively.  How many minutes have I been smoke free?  How many cigarettes have I avoided? How much of my lung and heart health has improved?  FFS is the Nicodemon’s poison out of me yet?  

Today I deleted a bunch of apps. 

I opened my ticker/counter app.

My last cigarette was 4 years 324 days ago.

I haven’t smoked 35,694 cigarettes.

Which means $12,493.19 didn’t go up it smoke. 

I’m keeping the app on my phone.

Just like I’m keeping my quit!!  

Let your numbers grow!

When you add it up- you will beam with pride! 

L4L

• Like 9

Isn't it crazy how we never thought of these numbers when we were smoking?! It still amazes me when I see my numbers too.

I recommend to anyone who hasn't made a ticker to make one. Its so inspirational to see these numbers grow. 

We have easy to follow directions for anyone wishing to add one to their signature: https://www.quittrain.com/topic/15042-creating-a-ticker/

😊

• Like 2

have not started a ticker yet, do not want to focus on the numbers. I know my bank account is happy and my kid appreciates this, Momma don't need new shoes but she can give the kid things. I can't it with me but I can spoil when I want to! 

K
Plus I can take Jillar and Linda to a grab bar, bar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1