Sudden uptick in cases

Kate18

Wow! Last week I looked at the cases in King County, State of Washington, where I live. The week before last we had between 44 and about 100 new cases each day of Covid. 

The week I was in, on the day I looked, we had 200 new cases. Now, a week later, we had 1,269 new cases--that was just one day, yesterday. HUGE uptick in Covid cases.

Apparently, 99% of the people did not have vaccines. I understand some of the reasons to not get the vaccine, but that is a scary statistic. I know a young woman who is holding off getting the vaccine because she and her husband want to have another baby. There is no data on pregnancy. 

I asked her about it, and she reminded me that years before she was born, doctors were giving pregnant women thalidomide for morning sickness, with disastrous consequences. I don't think the vaccine is like that, but I didn't get into an argument about it. What do I know?

• Sad 2

It the same here in central GA Kate suddenly we have spiked. Last week the hospital had 5 covid patients and now just days later the hospital is in red alert. My brother works at a clinic (where they do a lot of the testing for this area) the positive cases they getting are both vaccinated and non-vaccinated equally. My nephew (who lives in a different state) just got diagnosed with covid he too is vaccinated. I think it helps keep it less severe but it not stopping people from getting the newest variants. 😞  

• Sad 2

We have alot of pregnant women here to in Hospital with the virus ...who haven,t been vaccinated..

I can understand thier concerns ..I see both sides of the coin ...

Terrible decision to have to make ..The government are trying to reassure Mums to be it's safe ...

• Sad 3

I kind of felt this coming. Having been in bad situations taught me hope for the best and plan for the worst.  I have enough supplies to get me thru for 2 or 3 months if it comes to that if we have to lockdown again.  I pray that will not happen but I am ready.

If you can and have the space it is not a bad idea for us older compromised people.

K

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kris said:

I kind of felt this coming. Having been in bad situations taught me hope for the best and plan for the worst.  I have enough supplies to get me thru for 2 or 3 months if it comes to that if we have to lockdown again.  I pray that will not happen but I am ready.

If you can and have the space it is not a bad idea for us older compromised people.

K

That is a great idea, Kris. And I'd rather be focused for a while on getting some back up supplies rather than watching the data. I keep things like canned beans and corn, plus water, but I have to remember to rotate them out and replace with new ones before expiration dates.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jillar said:

@Linda, they're both still doing good. No symptoms, yay!! Btw. They're not actually my parents, my parents are both gone now. But we love each other like family😊 Thanks for asking 🤗

That is good news they are doing ok.Family is not always blood relatives.😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2021 at 9:49 AM, Kris said:

I hope your furbaby is better, don't forget extra dog food/treats.

K

Thank you, Kris, that is nice of you. Yesterday I had an email from her surgeon after I sent a photo of her incision area. The surgeon said that in another week, Sofia may return to normal living, except on the gastrointestinally appropriate, low fat diet.  Such a relief.

• Like 3

I am so happy Sophia is doing well after surgery, I lost a dear sweet boy in 2017 after a surgery. I never knew what happened, his belly got swollen and they found internal bleeding from his spleen.

removed the spleen and I got him home again but it started again couple if days later from the pancreas, I had to let him go, did not want him to suffer anymore.  Very, very hard.  I was taking care of a close friend in my home at the time who had to have lower leg amputation, he got on the net and found a look alike rescue.  I could not say no so my Toby got adopted.  Same dear friend passed and I have his dog now, a chow.  Also have my little girl I adopted after my husband passed, so I have three furbabies and they are the greatest gift. I could not live without a dog, they are truly man's best friend.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Not too good here in Victoria, Australia either. Another strict lockdown has been announced and it starts in one hour! Again for two weeks. Seems to be the only time I struggle with being quit these days...but I'll get through it once again I'm sure. At least the sun is shining and it's a little warmer outside. 

age.jpg

• Sad 2

I had read that things were getting bad down under. Just try to stay busy and not let the quarantine get to you. Not so much a bad thing, you can't go out for smokes, plus I read they are very expensive. You will be rich in health and wealth!!

K

• Like 1

Yes Kris, outrageous price for cigarettes, I was paying around $63 for a pack of 40...most of the money goes to the Government. Luckily we are allowed to have a 'Bubble Buddy', but it's still very tough for those of us who are on our own. 

• Sad 1

Its not just people being stubborn about the vaccine, Medical professionals, nurse doctors, Lab techs are refusing the vaccine.

It has been proven the vaccine does not stop one from getting Covid 

The science is 180 degrees apart some say No No No and the others say your not being a good boy or girl if you refuse.

And the fact that that 10% that have been vaccinated came down with it doesn't blow sunshine up my Kazu,  I would rather my own immune system set up its defenses than a half baked vaccine the sciences can not agree on.   Just the way I feel about it 

Kris, during lockdowns single people are allowed to spend time with one other single person, to reduce social isolation. We are allowed to visit each others houses etc. where as others aren't allowed to visit. I have two 'bubble buddies' although we are only supposed to have one...but I'm comfortable with that.

• Like 1