Cravings are ticking me off now!

IamMommaBear

I am having a strong one right now and feel like these cravings make me start thinking irrationally so rather than doing something stupid like going out and buying a pack, here I am riding it out.....whew!!!

Edited by IamMommaBear
  • Like 9

Great choice coming here ...there is always someone to help you through the tough times ..

Just think how much you would hate yourself if you took that one puff..

!owe your fabulous Quit ....No ....you win your battles u til the war is over ..

Keep busy Mommabear ...it will pass ...

• Like 5

Momma Bear,

When you have just started your quit the cravings will be there.  You are more than likely feeling them for other things,(stress is my big trigger) it is our brain telling us something that is not true. We don't need to smoke, it is the memory of smoking that tricks us into feeling that way. That it will somehow make us feel better about the challenges we all face daily. I have not smoked in 5 weeks which I thought I could never do but I have done it. I just keep telling myself that new stuff will take over that space in my mind. Just breathe, find something to distract you for a few minutes, it will pass, I learned that here and it does work, 

K

• Like 6

Coming here the way to go. You doing good even if it does not feel good right now (if you know what I mean) It does get better. Those first few weeks ugh...keep busy...keep yourself distracted and keep in mind you just have to make it through today. Just today. Take each day one at a time.  :) 

• Like 2

@IamMommaBear, so glad to see you posted an SOS here.  These are the steps to getting to your final quit.  We were smokers for many years and there are many triggers that will cause us to crave.  Each time you overcome the crave, you get stronger and the crave gets weaker so it gets easier to deal with the next crave.

There are many here who smoked for 30, 40+ years and managed to quit successfully.  You're doing it too.  Stay close to this board for the 1st few weeks.

• Like 5

Great job posting IamMommaBear! I had lightheadedness. I think it’s pretty normal. If it continues for a prolonged period or comes with weakness and/or confusion you may want to talk to your doctor about it. I’ve been following your quit and you are doing awesome. I’m 55, 35 year 2pk a day smoker with anxiety issues. The initial quit was so hard and horrible for me. But I survived. I thought that my mind would break a few times but I survived! I’m 4 and 1/2 months into my quit and it DOES get easier. So very much easier! I promise!🤗

• Like 5

So they are with me, my lovely friend on quit train. I just restarted my cold turkey quit today, this very afternoon in fact. I'm battling the NRT mouth sprays addiction as well as cigarettes. I'm not going to fold I'm going to be strong

Thank you all for being there for me in spirit and in truth

• Like 4

I agree ....Welcome back ...your seat is still here ....

Go back to basic,s ...reread all the green pinned posts on the Main Smoking Discussion Board....

There is also Joel's video Library ....these cover most of your questions and concerns....

You can do it ....you just have to want it bad enough ..🐸

• Like 1

Not a SOS but just a want for the thing I thought calmed me, I now know that is not true. I have quit and it has been easier than I thought!  Yet I still feel that need which is stupid. I do realize when I have those thoughts that it will pass.  Been through such hard s... in my life that I think about and know this is nothing compared to other things I have lived through. We all can do this with support, so I give my thanks to all of you!

K

• Like 2