Nonsmoker for 1 week, 1 hour and 20 min

Welcome aboard the Quit Train Momma Bear.  Congratulations on giving up the smokes.

Deep breathing and exercise got me through the roughest parts of the quit in the early days.  The exercise doesn't need to be particularly intense.  Sometimes a quick walk-around was all that I needed.

Realize that any cravings you have will pass.  They always do.  They can come on fast but are fleeting.  Committing to the principle of not making a permanent decision based on a temporary feeling puts a quit on the right track.

It gets easier.  I obsessed over cigarettes and had daily cravings during the early part of my quit.  Now, I can't even imagine lighting one up.

You have found the right place.  This forum will provide the information and support you seek.  Grab a seat and stay awhile.

• Like 5

Hi and Welcome,

It is hard but will get easier, I promise. I am only at five weeks so I still am struggling. Your handle is Momma Bear, Momma's protect their young, you and I are both doing that by making the commitment to quit.  It may be hard but we will do it!  These people will help you I promise! When I feel the crave I just get on here and read until I am somewhere else, that feeling goes away.

K

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Mamabear,

Glad to see time has rolled on and here you are, ... seated on the Quit Train.

The freedom is delightful, right?

No more:

planning,

hiding,

de-stinking (as if that actually worked anyway),

apologizing                          

....just LIVING the life you WANT.

Glad you are finding your way,   Yay YOU!

• Like 3