People smoking in movies!!!

Robbie

I have been watching a lot of movies as we have been in strict lockdown for 12 days...just got 'let out' today...and I've been noticing how many people smoke in them! I watched a French movie last night and part of it was about a woman who runs out of cigarettes and has no money to buy them. She is chasing cigarettes all over the very beautiful countryside! Everyone seems to be smoking. Then today I watched a wonderful Israeli movie about a cooking competition and all the chefs seemed to be smoking all the time. Maybe I'm noticing this more because I have quit, I'm not sure. I know that smoking is so much part of these cultures and in Europe or the Middle East it is not 'looked down on' the way it is here in Australia. I seem to remember smoking being phased out in the movie industry a few years ago, but it certainly has made a huge comeback. I didn't expect to be confronted with these images so much, so I guess I was surprised. Luckily it doesn't set me off craving, but I can't help noticing. I don't see it on everyday TV, but in many movies. Anyone else noticed this?

4 hours ago, Robbie said:

Anyone else noticed this?

I noticed it more after I quit too. Funny though that it was a non issue when I was still smoking. I get surprised to see more current movies where there's smoking. Especially knowing what we know now about smoking.

• Like 1