Any experience with Intermittent Fasting?

d2e8b8

Day 3 is in the books, 5 more to go.  I feel like having fresh coconut water.  

I believe the body gives up the water that was used to store glycogen which is now being released ... and that may be the reason for the immediate weight loss and waist reduction.  

Edited by d2e8b8

Day 4 done.  Half way there ... ONLY half way??? 😬

You know  how many food places there are on streets and my over sensitive nose is smelling all the aromas from those places.  Would love to have a big fat juicy burger and a shawarma ... followed by an ice cream.  Maybe washed down with a cold beer.

Have had thoughts of cheating ... 4 days is good, it's ok to eat a bit now.  After that I can do another 4 days and still meet my goal of 8 days.

Taking electrolytes so no cramps so far. Slight headache today - not too bad just a dull ache.

• Like 1

Day 5 done, 3 more to go.  Feeling a bit nauseous and some acid reflux today.  Couldn't finish my coffee which, for me, is definitely not normal.  Drinking lots of water to drown it out.

I may buy some fresh fish and marinate it tomorrow in preparation for Fri meal. 

This is easy and hard at the same time (like quitting). 

Thank you @intoxicated yoda

6 days down, 2 more to go.  The end now seems to be in sight.

Did some food shopping but I think it was a mistake as I had to battle thoughts of - I've gone 6 days, it's ok to eat now.

Bought a fish which I'll marinate tomorrow and bake the day after.  Also bought a tender coconut, some fruits, nuts and ice cream.

There are no hunger pangs but still... so looking forward to eating.

• Like 1

All right, 7 days down.  Less than 24 hrs to go.

Had a crappy day today and of course the brain tried to rationalize - it's ok to eat since it was such a crappy day.  Sound familiar?

Crappy day at work.  Then in the evening someone decided they wanted to change lanes into my car.  Not a big deal, no one was injured but there's the hassle of going through the whole process of reporting etc.

Anyway, tomorrow's the day.  The fish is marinated, have some takeout and I expect it will be a long meal as I introduce food slowly with gaps.

• Like 1

It's done.  Ate today.  The reality of eating was underwhelming compared to the expectations but managed to avoid the upset stomach by being (somewhat) reasonable. 

Lost some pounds but more importantly lost waist size which is kind of nice.  Not sure how much of it will come back.  

The last few hours seemed like the hardest.  It's amazing how the body continues to function without any food for so many days although I did feel cold even in this nice weather.

The next one is probably mid-Oct after the half marathon but will probably keep it to 5 days.

• Like 1