My milestone!

Amy R.

Good morning everyone!  I haven't been on here since March, but I wanted to give everyone an update.  I quit smoking on January 29th, 2021 and I am STILL smoke free!  This coming Friday, I will be exactly 6 months smoke free.  I'm truly excited about this.  According to the app I have, I have saved about $1,153.10 USD so far, I have not smoked 3,548 cigarettes, and gained 44.5 days of life!  I still have not had a single craving since the day that I quit.  I don't understand it, but I'm so not going to question it.  I have also spent time with 4 different friends that are smokers (2 at a time) and we hung out outside and they chained smoked.  The most recent being this past Saturday.  It smelled disgusting and I had to do my laundry when I got home because everything reeked to high heaven, but I never had a craving!  

To everyone just beginning their quite journey, you can absolutely do it!  Stick with it and resist any urges you have to pick up a cigarette!  Just keep reminding yourself why you quit in the first place.  For me, it was definitely anxiety and covid related.  I got severe, debilitating anxiety out of nowhere in December and part of that was fear of getting covid and dying.  Since the pandemic is still a very real and current thing, I have absolutely no problem reminding myself why I quit.  So find your reason, post reminders so it's always in your face, whatever helps.  You got this!!!  

5e300555b23cb0e33a7bc6bca63290418ad9723e

Edited by Amy R.
  • Like 10

Thanks for sharing this . It is awesome to hear from those especially with milestones like yours. I do hope you will drop by with with continued updates  or stay too , but sounds like you are enjoying you new smoke free life , so you go girl and enjoy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abby said:

Thanks for sharing this . It is awesome to hear from those especially with milestones like yours. I do hope you will drop by with with continued updates  or stay too , but sounds like you are enjoying you new smoke free life , so you go girl and enjoy.

Thank you! It's been a lot easier than I thought it would be and I'm definitely glad for that. :)  If I could apply the same mindset to my job...life would be golden.  LOL

• Like 3