Storm

Linda

7 minutes ago, jillar said:

Stay safe @Linda, those tornados are the only thing I don't miss about living in the South! 

@jillar I'm not even in the south and we get them. I'm in Michigan I guess every place has something.

Your in California right?

@Linda, I knew you were in Michigan that's why I was surprised the first time you mentioned tornados. I had no idea. I grew up in Alabama where they were a yearly concern.

I'm in California and we're lucky here on the Central Coast to get a thunderstorm once a year 😞

4 minutes ago, jillar said:

@Linda, I knew you were in Michigan that's why I was surprised the first time you mentioned tornados. I had no idea. I grew up in Alabama where they were a yearly concern.

I'm in California and we're lucky here on the Central Coast to get a thunderstorm once a year 😞

@jillar yes they are common in the south. When I was growing up in Michigan they were rare. But it seems like the last 10 years they have become more  common in the summer. Are you bothered by the fires out there?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Linda said:

. Are you bothered by the fires out there?

Luckily we haven't had a lot of smoke since they got the one nearest us knocked down. I finally wised up and bought an air purifier a couple months ago and I have to say it works really good. And this coming from a huge skeptic lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jillar said:

Luckily we haven't had a lot of smoke since they got the one nearest us knocked down. I finally wised up and bought an air purifier a couple months ago and I have to say it works really good. And this coming from a huge skeptic lol

@jillar  that's good , I'm sure the smoke would not be good for you with the health issue

Are tornado warnings have been dropped to severe thunder storms to now.

• Like 1

@jillar I figured out the GIF, but still have not  figured out to reply to someone right under their post. When I quote it can go under their post but it repeats there post.lol 

On 7/24/2021 at 6:49 PM, Linda said:

Hot humid weather sucks and brings these storm

The temperature here had already reached 90 degrees at 11:30 a.m.  Then a co-worker says to me: "It's supposed to get really hot by the end of the week."

Tennessee is home, but I here Alaska is nice this time of year.

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Tornadoes in the past where I live we're not often mentioned although there were many smaller tornadoes . One tore through our farm when I was young uprooting trees , another on the way home to my dads funeral tossed cars in the ditch far away from the main highway and must have just missed us as we only saw the aftermath . 

We had a huge one here in the city many  years ago now where many people died.  The anniversary marks what is called Black Friday now . My husbands work was demolished soon after he dismissed the workers to go home . It was so rare in these parts everyone was unprepared but came together to save as many lives as possible . 

With technology and the times , things have changed , we are always getting weather watches on our phones now and across the waves by t.v. Radio etc. Many of the tornadoes develop  into nothing but still it's always better be sky watching and cautious and beware of the alerts . Learn the safest places in your home , have a plan to reach out to family etc . 

I won't ever forget the big one that got my city .   I can't emagine living in a place where they are of a frequent concern . 

Linda , I think you posted this last night , hope  all is ok now and it never developed . 

Stay safe .

The statistics were horrific: 27 people killed, 600 injured, 1,700 left homeless, and damage estimated at $300 million. Source the news. 

Edited by Abby
never an end to my spelling mistakes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Edmonton Tornado July 31 1987 .  😞 

My thoughts to all the families who lost loved ones as we are once again nearing that dreadful day from which those memories will never be erased but our loved ones who lost their lives fondly remembered and the courage of the men and women who raced to save lives we will always remember .