Paul 723 has Eight years Smokefree Today !!!

Doreensfree

First a sausage picture for Doreen:

sausage-1.jpg.66b13cf4f47cc0fe97648259a2d294e4.jpg

In the first year of my quit (seems like yesterday) I wrote this:

The Great Escape

We were in prison. We weren’t sure of it, but we were on death row. We had seen others killed. The rules requiring a swift and humane execution were not guaranteed. In fact, the torture of slow poison was in motion. What bugged us most was not the prison or even the death sentence, but that the punishment seemed way out of proportion to our crime. It was unfair.

There had been rumors of escape, but even so, our cells were solid brick. They happened somewhere else. We had run at the walls before to no avail. If we escaped, surely we would be recaptured and our imprisonment would be made even more severe. We were comfortable in our cells. It was our choice.

We heard a whisper. It was so soft we could barely hear it. “If you say NOPE and laugh in Spanish like this, jajajajaja, you can walk right through the wall to freedom for ever.” That’s crazy, feel how thick and hard these walls are – there is no way we could walk through them. We’re not strong enough. What’s on the other side anyway? Tomorrow, maybe.

Finally we tried it, and it worked! We ESCAPED! The wall wasn’t solid, it was made of smoke. We passed right through it. We were free. Now we help others when they escape and are blinded by sunshine and overwhelmed by fresh air. And we whisper to those still in prison, “If you say NOPE and laugh in Spanish like this, jajajajaja, you can walk right through the wall to freedom for ever.”

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on eight years of freedom @Paul723, that is fantastic! I love your first year post. I wish I'd have seen it when I first quit, I would have definitely tried it lol 😊

OIP.K19I9NJeSLBRXuEHgHod-wHaH3?pid=ImgDe

Edited by jillar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...