When I nearly caved into cravings

Kate18

I was having a real down time with bipolar depression and so close to buying cigarettes for comfort, just looking for any comfort.  You all helped me through it.

I went online and searched for a forum for bipolar. I found a really good one. Such a relief. I have lost all of my friends, and even family has turned against me because of the yo-yo moods--they never know who I will be today. They fault me for "thinking negative," and tell me to "just think positive thoughts."

The success I've found with this forum (and Doreen) encouraged me to keep looking for a group of like-minded people with whom to connect.

This Quittrain support group has not only helped me quit smoking and stay quit, but think about other areas of my life where an online group might be helpful. Ripples across the water.

Thank you all

:) 

• Like 11

@Kate18I also suffer from bipolar anxiety and depression. I would love to know the name of the online group you found. Please message me when you are able. I also came close to smoking recently but put out an SOS here and made it through. It is tough getting through the day sometimes. Lately, I have not been going out much or hanging out with people. I am guarding my quit this time. If I feel like I am going to be manic, I  just stay in until it passes. It is difficult sometimes, but I have very few close family and friends that get it. I am also glad this forum exists because smoking will just make my mental state worse. I am very glad that we have a place like this where we can have support.

• Like 8

I'm so glad you guys care about your quits enough to post an SOS so that we could help you through it. There's no shame in that no matter how many years quit you are 🤗

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...