Faced a bit of temptation this weekend

Melody

So, a while back the hubby proclaimed that he was quitting smoking forever.  He is a social smoker and only smokes on the weekend if he has a drink so really him quitting SHOULD NOT be a big deal.  He literally will go weeks.  Anyways, he smoked again of course and I was ticked off but over it now.  Well, this weekend he decided to purchase American Spirit cigarettes.  They are supposed to be natural without any of the chemicals etc etc etc.  I wanted to try one!!!  How stupid is that?  I of course did not but I was truly curious about these.  What would they taste like?  How would that pull be?  Would they be smooth without all those chemicals?  Would I be as addicted to those I would my old Camel Blues?  I had so many questions that only trying one for myself would answer.  My brain, the traitor after 6.5 months!!  It just goes to show that even though life gets so much easier after quitting, situations will arise where you have to be diligent and strong.    

• Like 4

Oh Melody - so glad you are staying strong. You know they are not special. - all they are a new way the big tobacco companies are trying to recruit new addicts ! Stay strong - and remember post here for support if you need it !

• Like 3

Wow well done Melody :) - I think what you thought is "natural" - our brains automatically see this word as wholesome and good for us, which we have learned since childhood 

just another trick big the soul sucking companies

I can tell you I tried one of my mums "herbal cigarettes" when I was aged 12 and the memory still haunts me now - LOL

• Like 2

Melody, brilliant work. Like others have said those sneaky bug*ers calling them natural?! It's just a new improved way to drag you in.

I'm with Tracey, I tried a "herbal" cig once, thought I was gonna lose a lung haha, I crack up thinking back but god it was awful!! 

Pleased you were still on guard. xx

• Like 1

Well done Mel. Sounds like there will always be something on the back of our head that will try to get is to smoke that 'just one' cigarette!

And I think I already know what that cigarette would taste like - smokey crap! ;)

Melody fantastic, its all lies to hoodwink us and get us hooked onto something else.  I go nuts with people who use the oils or electronic cigarettes, listening to them saying they are so much better than cigarettes ehhhh who you trying to kid....oh yeah thats right yourselves,  we have to learn that inhaling anything like this is harmful to us no matter how the big companies dress it up xx

Hey Melody:

Good for you for saying NO and realizing there will be no benefits to having "just one." I'm really happy you didn't risk your quit to find out.

I'll be honest... I have been hanging around a few friends who are smokers. I'm almost two years quit, but I still feel the pull of the cigarette. I don't want to smoke and I won't, but the desire is still there. I figure this will probably be something I'll deal with for the rest of my life, but I feel saying NOPE will get easier over the years.

So glad you didn't cave, Melody! I smoked those cigarettes for a while (because they were "healthier"??? LOL).... they were ok, but, you know, just smokes after all. Nothing like an ice cream sundae, or a vacation in the Bahamas, or the good, clean smell of coconut shampoo....

pc5ebbgoi.png