Guilty Pleasure Songs

Boo

I don't think I'm alone here...some of us have those songs that we like in spite of not wanting to admit that we like them.  For me personally, many of these songs are tunes that were popular in the eighties.  They were songs that my sister liked, so me being the pesky little brother that I was spoke often of how terrible those songs were.  It was a pointless debate, but I would say things like: "Duran Duran sucks!  Van Halen rules!"

Heard one of those songs while I was eating lunch this afternoon.  Now, I can confess that I looked this song up and listened to it again.

• Like 6

There was something in the air that night, the stars were bright...

Guilty pleasure or not, when that chorus kicks in I'm belting it out...much to the chagrin of everyone within earshot.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

As a bass player, Dancing Queen is a pop masterpiece of a bass line let alone song. I still enjoy listening to it. Not sure why U-Tube is not letting me paste and copy. I`ve gone back over the years and have listened to live performance`s such as Bee Gee`s "Nights On Broadway" on Midnight Special I think and have been amazed.

• Like 7

As much as I was into a lot of Rock and Progressive Rock at the time I have to admit that this song (and group) I strangely liked and always reminds me of my entering of my teen years.

And to Johnny5 I accidently saw Starland Vocal Band by accident in Washington DC in 1977 -- story is too long and too weird!!!

Edited by Martian5
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, Martian5 said:

As much as I was into a lot of Rock and Progressive Rock at the time I have to admit that this song (and group) I strangely liked and always reminds me of my entering of my teen years.

I like The Monkees.  Unironically.  They had some good songs.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BKP said:

I think the point of this thread is to "come out" and admit to liking a song that you secretly enjoy, but were always embarrassed to admit to liking it.

Yep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BKP said:

I think the point of this thread is to "come out" and admit to liking a song that you secretly enjoy, but were always embarrassed to admit to liking it.

😳

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...