Dreamed I was smoking!

Robbie

I had a very vivid dream last night that I was smoking cigarettes! I also was aware in the dream that I had quit, so I felt terribly disappointed in myself. Very interesting experience. I was so very relieved when I woke up and found that it wasn't real! Phew!!

• Like 5

@Robbie, there used to be threads about smoking all the time in the past as @jillar already pointed out.  Now that you posted one, it does seem odd that there hasn't been one for some time.  It's normal - I dreamed as well a few times and it is a relief to find it was a dream  Early in the quit, dreams can be quite vivid (and I'm sure there's a thread explaining that).

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Linda said:

Its funny,6 months today and I really wanted to smoke WTF  

that's nicotine's way, isn't it?  Waiting to ambush you - hey, it's 6 months, wow, let's celebrate with ... a smoke.  It really is important to stay on guard at these milestones.  You're doing great with the quit.

• Like 4

I have had a few dreams where I was smoking, since I quit! I figured it was pretty normal. Our dreams are a way of working out things in our subconscious, and many of us still have cravings, or are conflicted,  so it makes perfect sense that we former smokers would dream about smoking.

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 5

I agree with everything said on this thread. I think it was a week ago I had my latest relapse dream. I was in a restaurant or bar and was telling someone that I quit smoking. Just as the words came out of my mouth I saw my hand snubbing out a cigarette in an ashtray. It dawned on me that I was relapsing, and then I realized I was 3 days into my relapse. Kind of ticked me off that I had somehow tricked myself into relapsing for 3 days before I even realized what had happened. I love smoking dreams cuz they remind me of how I would feel if I really did relapse, strengthening my resolve to stay quit. But they can be upsetting sometimes. Mostly I just remember them at random and am then glad for the "reminder"  experience without having actually smoked.

• Like 1

I had a smoking dream a couple years ago and remember thinking why I am I doing this? Realized it was a dream and woke up relieved. It has only happened that one time so perhaps they will subside. just remember thinking in my dream "why am I doing this"?

• Like 3