Look at all that extra money you have ????

18 minutes ago, BKP said:

I save over $5K per year.  🤯  I don't really designate where most of that savings goes except for one thing.  A year after I quit I started giving $1000 annually to my favorite charity.  Feels good knowing that money that used to go my own destruction is now being put to good use.

What a wonderful thing to do BKP....

I'm sure they were extremely grateful.....🐸

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Abby said:

I deprived myself of many things over the years because I smoked . Food , clothes , entertainment , vacation , walks, fun , family , $ $ $ are put to much better use now . 

Great post @Doreensfree

I smoke all my adult life ....There is so much I missed out on ....because of my addiction..

7 minutes ago, jillar said:

I bought a new pump and filter system for my pond that keeps the 2400 gallons crystal clear! :) 

Wow Jill....

That's some water Sweetie lol....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

You have fish ????

What's a pond without fish?! I have Koi. Unfortunately I'm down to five since my pond cleared. The Heron and Egret can see them from the air and come down and grab them if they don't hide quick enough 😞 

I even had one stupid Heron just stand on the edge of my pond looking at me with my poor 15 year old goldfish in his mouth! That sucked!!😪

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Aww....that's sad ....

I hope you didn't name them all.....🙁

Yes, I have names for all of them lol. I still have Jawa, Goldie, Gold DJ, Smokey and Treat. Trick disappeared one day so probably the Heron. Trick and Treat are/were Skeleton Koi thus the names lol

Edited by jillar
put wrong fish that disappeared
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Oh !!!....I hope trick and treat don't get separated....

No ...I would be heart broken ....if I kept finding one missing ...🙁🐸

Unfortunately Trick is gone (unless he's playing a REALLY long trick on me 😁

I always remember what the pond store owner told me long ago, "Just don't get attached!" so I try not too. But it's hard because they are so cool :)

• Sad 2

Initially, I used some of the savings from quitting to convert the basement of my old house into a gym.  

Now I have a wife and a daughter.  Whatever I'm saving from not smoking is already spent.

Make It Rain Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Boo said:

Initially, I used some of the savings from quitting to convert the basement of my old house into a gym.  

Now I have a wife and a daughter.  Whatever I'm saving from not smoking is already spent.

Make It Rain Reaction GIF

Yep what's her,s is her,s ...........and what's yours is her,s........

Gym ....Or Maddie and Sugar Britches....No Contest ....👍😁

• Like 3

Have no idea where the savings went - there 'should' be all this extra money in the bank except there isn't.

Should we be adjusting the ticker to reflect current prices - seems unfair that newbies get to save 'more' money than oldies.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, d2e8b8 said:

Should we be adjusting the ticker to reflect current prices - seems unfair that newbies get to save 'more' money than oldies.

I've thought about that myself but I don't think there's a way to add what we were paying and what we would be paying at today's rates.... I guess if we really wanted to we could average it out but there again that would need to be adjusted yearly I would think......🤔

Edited by jillar
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, jillar said:

I guess if we really wanted to we could average it out but there again that would need to be adjusted yearly I would think......🤔

Sounds like it's time to come up with a formula ....

If x = initial price

y = current price

z = number of years (assuming we're still alive in spite of smoking at the same rate, otherwise adjust z accordingly).

Edited by d2e8b8
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, AceWhite said:

Does Jillar have any SHRIMP in this pond? NO

Does Doreen live across it? YES

With my newly found money I spent it all on a bicycle- I cant smoke for 2 more years 

That's a great reason to KTQ 😊

• Like 2

22 hours ago, d2e8b8 said:

Sounds like it's time to come up with a formula ....

If x = initial price

y = current price

z = number of years (assuming we're still alive in spite of smoking at the same rate, otherwise adjust z accordingly).

I don't think I did the math right.  Not sure if I'm looking at my savings from not buying smokes or the gross domestic product of Liechtenstein.

image.png.8ff98c397096f421bb40ae4514bb51f1.png

• Haha 5

I had saved quite a bit since I quit smoking.  I finally splurged a month or so ago on all that savings.  Photography is my hobby and I went all out on a computer custom built for phot processing along with a pro-photo 32 inch monitor and I am loving it.  Something I had dreamed about for a couple of years and all thanks to quitting.  By the way I still have some of that savings still!!!!!

• Like 4