Help jumping on the train

Anne E.

Welcome aboard  @Anne E., wise decision to quit and take back your life. You'll get all the support you could want or need here from quitters in all phases of quitting and all over the world.

Be sure to check out our various boards when you get a chance. Lots of great info on our addiction as well as a video forum if that's more your thing. We even have an awesome social forum for when you want to get smoking off your mind but stick close to your support, its super fun too 😊

• Like 3

Welcome, @Anne E.! Start reading people’s stories. I found them the most helpful. We all know smoking is bad for us. It was everyone’s individual journey that gave me insight, and the courage to continue my own. Pick a quit date, decide if you need NRT, and just do it. We accept all quitters, no matter the method they choose. Stick around. There is a lot of support here.

• Like 4

Welcome @Anne E.! Looking forward to following your story! I hope that you find the help that you need here, with us! @Katgirl is right. Read the personal stories. They truly are the most inspiring and helpful items on here! And every story is unique to the individual telling it. Look around the site to see what is offered, but mainly you will find some of the nicest(even if they are throwing some tough love at you), funniest, helpful, and patient fellow quitters on the planet!!! 🤗

• Like 3

Welcome Anne E.  There is always someone tuning in at all times.  I think jillar never sleeps and is a wonderful listener.  Glad you decided to quit and have found us.  This is a great place for help and support quitting.  Hang around and get to know us all.

• Like 4

Welcome Anne,

I am a newbie to this group. It is day 13 as a non-smoker. Could not have done it without these people. They are some supportive, smart, and let's not leave out funny folks.

K

• Like 3

Dear Anne

This is going to be a weird question.  Does the phrase "be gentle with yourself" mean anything to you.  I once knew someone who used that as a tag line on a long ago site. Just wondering if you might be that Anne E. and we are meeting again by divine providence.

Kris

Welcome Anne. You will find support here for your decision to quit the smokes. It is different for everyone but none of us that have "made it have any special gift. Just want it bad enough to stick to it. Post S.O.S. if things get too tough before lighting up. Craves come and go but for me at least the more I beat them back the easier things became next time. Keep busy and positive. Think of yourself as a non-smoker because after all that is what you are and what you want. See yourself that way and ask for help in any way that suits you. Best wishes. Hope to see you hanging around and kicking this down the road for once and all.

• Like 2

Sorry I'm late ....

Congratulations on your great quit ...

Check all the green pinned post on our Main Discussion Smoking Board....

It's full of useful tips to get you going ...

Looking forward to getting to know you better ...

Nip over to the Introduction Thread ,and tell us a little about yourself ...🐸

• Like 2

Anne ?

We are hear for you, hope to Catch you on the flip flop, this train runs 24/7 and is open to all with a desire to quit smoking,  so if not this go round maybe the next Girl.

• Like 1