I think it has been 2 weeks

I quit,, yeah about 2 weeks I think, ok so I have this woods in the back yard a bit of a hill coming out of the woods,, noticed a while back I was winded and dizzy coming out the woods.   Now at 2 weeks I can make it up the hill easily and not dying of breath !!  I  hated and loved smoking,, just can't anymore,, I knew it was time,, almost $10 a pack now,, funny how they over tax,, liquor, cigs and gasoline.  Been a smoker for too long,, don't want to actually know how long, it is just disgusting.  Yeah I think about having one,, less and less,, been looking in the fridge more, damn I hate that.  Been trying to drink more water, kinda helps.  Been walking,, that feels much better now.  Looked online,, found this site,, wow read some stories here, of health issues,, I don't  have any thankfully (I mean yet)  who knows what it has done to me.  Will my brain work better with more oxygen now? I get these thoughts now about benefits hahhaaha.  I have to make this work,, thankfully there isn't anyone around me who smokes,  otherwise I know I'd be asking for one.  The store is close though,, the shiny boxes sitting on the shelves shimmering with the colorful packs.  I keep saying if I was smoking a pack a day,, that would be $100 in 10 days, $200 in 20, so the extra cash I'll buy something with it instead !  I need to start dating,  I don't stink anymore hahaha.

• Like 10

Welcome aboard Steven .

Congratulations...two is a quit to be proud of .....

Check out all the great info on the Main Discussion Smoking Board....we have pinned them in green .

It's full of tips to keep you motivated....

And just to let you know ..we have had one wedding ...so who knows ....what might happen lol...

• Like 3

well thank you Doreen,, glad to hear from you.  I feel accomplished,, I mean I feel like I really did something as a start,, every day just makes me more resolute to keep this going.  I'm going to check out what you said on the stickies

• Like 5

Welcome aboard Steven.  Good call on giving up the smokes.

20 minutes ago, StevenHere said:

I get these thoughts now about benefits hahhaaha. 

When you quit smoking, you enjoy benefits that you didn't even know were on the table.

Positive change in one area of your life will ripple out into other areas of your life.

Enjoy the ride.

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Steven, Congratulations on two weeks quit! You're doing great! Glad you've already started checking out the forum threads, lots of information to be had on our addiction. We also have a video forum if that's more your thing😊

The tickets can be found here: https://www.quittrain.com/tickers/

And if you need help adding it to your signature you can find directions here: 

https://www.quittrain.com/topic/15042-creating-a-ticker/

Edited by jillar
  • Like 3

@StevenHere Yes jillar told you about the ticker, she explained it better than I could!! Lol  It does give you an incentive to see how much money we were blowing up in smoke! Then you can treat yourself with something fun with the savings!!😃😃

Edited by Linda
Spelling
  • Like 5

Hi @StevenHere.  So glad you have found us.  You have a great quit going.  The first week is always the toughest.  Hope you stay around and share your journey with us.  We all have been where you are.  It is amazing what we paid for those cancer sticks.  Addiction is awful.  Start planning the wonderful ways you are going to spend that money you are saving.  It is amazing how fast it accumulates.  Keep that wonderful quit going!

• Like 3

Welcome aboard and great job on the two weeks.  As you can see there is a lot of info here, as well as people, that can help you along on this journey.  And the money you save -- you will be amazed at quickly it grows so make sure to set some aside to reward yourself.  Again welcome!!!

• Like 2

@StevenHere, Congratulations on 2 weeks quit!  And welcome.

Notice you added the ticker - it's a great motivator to see the counters moving up, I used to look forward to hitting the milestones.

Stay close to this forum, post often, doesn't matter what it is and yes, please use the SOS before going to the store.  Someone will jump in to help you get past the crave.

• Like 2

Great work Steven, two weeks is excellent! Yes it doesn't take long for the benefits of quitting to show. I'm still amazed at how much better food tastes and I enjoy smelling lovely things everyday...this didn't happen when I was smoking. You will notice that too! And knowing that you don't stink of cigarettes is a great feeling. Here in Australia, cigarettes are outrageously expensive; I was paying $63 for a packet of 40 and it made me want to cry! (Have a look at my counter). Not even good quality either, rubbish cigarettes from overseas. Welcome to the Quit Train and freedom from that horrible addiction.

notes.jpg

• Like 3

Geez @Robbie $63.00 for 40 cigarettes?! That was about three days worth for me. In comparison mine cost 5.67 per pack of 20 if I bought them by the carton (which I did). That was back in 2016 so I'm sure they're much more now here

• Like 2

Welcome, Steven! 2 weeks is about when I joined, also. Now I have 7 weeks! Not getting winded walking up a small hill feels so much better.  Many of us have started an exercise program. It helps with stress, and further improves breathing and overall stamina. There is a dedicated forum section, where we post about our routines and progress. Check it out. Dating could be fun. I was lucky to have found a great partner while still smoking. He is a nonsmoker, but I guess I’m so awesome, he wanted to be with me, anyway…😂 Congrats  on being smoke free for 2 weeks!

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 3

Welcome Steven,

You and I are about on the same timeline.  I also have noticed that I feel able to breathe easier. My dogs have informed me they want a new sofa with the savings.

They as so bossy, they mess the sofa up and then just want another like money grows on fire hydrants.  

K

• Haha 2

Hi Steven, just checking in, you getting along okay?

I am having a bad morning which seems to be my normal.  Once I get thru the morning I do better the afternoon, the crave lets up a little bit. I was expecting this to be hard but I never thought it would be this bad after two weeks.  I thought we would have it done, but the post I have read indicate that we are going to be on this part of the ride for about a year. Lord god, please help me and others reach our goals.  Anyway, give us an update, good or bad every is here to help

K

• Like 2

Hi all. Doing good. Cravings after dinner and such disappearing think much less about. Lungs doing so much better , yeah this is the new me non smoker,,  I love how much money saved  and the count of cigs Not smoked is amazing, i am done with ths coffin nails ,, sleep semms better too. Happy 4th to all

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, StevenHere said:

Hi all. Doing good. Cravings after dinner and such disappearing think much less about. Lungs doing so much better , yeah this is the new me non smoker,,  I love how much money saved  and the count of cigs Not smoked is amazing, i am done with ths coffin nails ,, sleep semms better too. Happy 4th to all

Great positive post .....I think youv,e got this S.....don't forget the rewards ..with some of the money saved .

For all your hard work ..

• Like 1