80 days free!

Robbie

I am keeping my own tally of days quit and my calendar says 80 days today! Double my longest quit to date. I told someone yesterday that I was fairly confident that I would never go back to smoking and she was so pleased and said that she'd never heard me say that before! I guess I still hesitate a little as I haven't really had much in the way of outside temptation as yet, but I'm going well. I seem to be hitting the mid winter depression that I often get and that's tough too but 80 days make me feel more confident. Thanks everyone!

80.gif

• Like 7

Thanks everyone! Mac#23 I was just reading your ticker and it says you have saved $893.98 in over a year...that surprises me, you must have been buying cheap ciggies!! Reckon with the cost of them here in Australia, I'll be looking at thousands of dollars saved by the time that I hit the one year mark.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Robbie said:

Thanks everyone! Mac#23 I was just reading your ticker and it says you have saved $893.98 in over a year...that surprises me, you must have been buying cheap ciggies!! Reckon with the cost of them here in Australia, I'll be looking at thousands of dollars saved by the time that I hit the one year mark.

I used to buy my cigarettes at an Indian reservation so I was only paying $24 a carton

• Like 3

Good job Robbie.

15 hours ago, Robbie said:

I told someone yesterday that I was fairly confident that I would never go back to smoking and she was so pleased and said that she'd never heard me say that before! I guess I still hesitate a little as I haven't really had much in the way of outside temptation as yet, but I'm going well. 

It took me the better part of my first year to finally start to fully identify as a non-smoker.  It wasn't that my quit was shaky or my commitment weak.  It was just a matter of finally being able to flip the switch.  Change, even positive change, can take a little while to develop deep roots.

I got there eventually.  You will get there in time.

• Like 2

Great job Robbie, I am only 11 days in to the quit and I am thrilled with myself. Ask anyone on the board,, I am having some severe struggles but I am going to do this and so are you.  See I had to back up and start typing again, I was going to type IF I get to 80 days but I am not an IF, I am a when. So WE are going to do this as long as it takes!

K

• Like 4

Hi Robbie, good morning, on this side of the world!  The duck on this thread is still dancing hope  you are too.

Now get out there and box like the strong Roo you are.  I am hanging on to my quit also.

K

• Like 2

Thanks so much everyone, you are a great support and I really appreciate it! I'm now heading for 90 days which is 3 months...woo, hoo! I've been warned about 3 months though as it can feel like we have it under control and maybe could be tempted, so I'm very wary. I was talking to a woman last weekend who is three weeks quit and she said "Oh I can just have the occasional one." and I said "No, it doesn't work like that, you just can't smoke! One will lead to many." So it's the same for me. NOPE. I'll post again here when I have reached the 3 months mark. Cheers everyone!

Dwarfs.jpg

• Like 4