Having some bad cravings today

Steven Drojensky

MarylandQuitter
This post was recognized by MarylandQuitter!

jillar was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

Good on you for posting Steven, you sure don't want to keep doing those first couple of weeks over again!

Have you tried distracting yourself with our Social threads? Maybe play a game or two or watch some funny videos? Sometimes just sucking on a candy works good too. I was stuck on soft peppermint puffs my whole first year lol. And of course there's always my JAC if all else fails!

Hang tough, you got this! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jillar said:

Good on you for posting Steven, you sure don't want to keep doing those first couple of weeks over again!

Have you tried distracting yourself with our Social threads? Maybe play a game or two or watch some funny videos? Sometimes just sucking on a candy works good too. I was stuck on soft peppermint puffs my whole first year lol. And of course there's always my JAC if all else fails!

Hang tough, you got this! :)

Thanks Jill. We have a lot of ginger candy around the house, so I will use those today. I will check out some of the games today and I have to tutor on Zoom today.

• Like 4

MarylandQuitter
This post was recognized by MarylandQuitter!

Doreensfree was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

Try chewing regular Gum ....it kept my mouth busy ....

Did some jigsaws to keep my hands busy ....and Yes Jillars air cigerette....

There is a million things you can do Steven ...and just one you carnt ....

Coming here and getting it out helps ...keep coming ...

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Try chewing regular Gum ....it kept my mouth busy ....

Did some jigsaws to keep my hands busy ....and Yes Jillars air cigerette....

There is a million things you can do Steven ...and just one you carnt ....

Coming here and getting it out helps ...keep coming ...

I will, Doreen. 

• Like 3

Good for you posting the SOS. Don't give in to the crave!!! Yoh have to keep yourself  busy. I have been there and you do not want to keep going through hell week. You can do this I have faith in you. Reach out and vent on here if you need to!!! Just don't smoke!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nope works . I don't mean not one puff ever  but just refusing to give in saying nope just for today I won't give in while this craving passes . Sometimes they come in waves , it's normal. You have not back tracked . You are still moving forward . They pass , I promise . Today will pass , tonight you'll be a winner and tomorrow is a new day 

Great job posting is right :) 

Let me tell me my true story today lol . I was craving today too . Not cigarettes yuk but ...... 

Twizzlers

Whenever I go shopping I want junk and I know it's not good for me too . Calories = weight and weight means double the walk to get the calories off . Yes twizzlers are ok for some but not for MeV. One leads to the whole package . 

So , l was at Walmart ; had them in my cart ; went up to pay , and guess what ....?????? 

I put them in the " return to isle " basket .

Put your craves and cigarette thoughts in the return to big T box car . It's the no thankyou I don't do that anymore 🚂 car . Sit in the dome car it's the freedom car .. enjoy the view first class . 

• Like 7

@Steven Drojensky  I posted this in my thought for the day but I want to make sure you read this and believe in yourself!!!!

To that one soul reading this

I know you're tired you're fed up

your close to breaking but there's

strength within you even when you feel

weak keep fighting!!!!

You have got this!!!!!🤗😃🤗

• Like 6

I with Abby saying nope over and over to myself helped get past the hard parts. And flat out just refusing to give in ever again. Visually I see myself as free and in charge of winning against this addiction. So good you posted and said out loud you struggling. Just saying it helps to win the day. Stay strong you can do this! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Steven Drojensky said:

I was feeling uneasy earlier, but it passed. 

It passed.  It always passes.

A man relentlessly committed to a goal has no fear of temporary circumstances.

Drive on Steven.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hey Steven,

Just saw your struggle today.  I am new and am only six days in.  Yesterday was hard for me too!

Today is better, I am trying to be proactive with anything that might help.  Had a third acupuncture treatment today. I am using nicorette lozenges for now if it gets to hard to bear.  I have a giant jar on my coffee table full of all types of hard candies, those little dum dum lollipops are the best.  Under the coffee table I have a bottle of bourbon.  I have driven  my neighbors crazy, bringing them homemade cookies and bread. (keeps me busy). I went to the hobby shop, got word search puzzles

(to make sure I don't lose my mind) and some neat color projects, very fine images,, you have to pay attention. I leave alone, a widow, grown son married but I do have company. Three dogs, and they keep me busy, had only two littles and my best friend passed and I now have an 80# pure blood chow.

Sorry I have been so chatty, I do find it helps to talk.  

STAY STRONG TRY EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING.  THAT IS MY MANTRA!

I WILL WIN AND YOU WILL WIN!

K

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Kris said:

Hey Steven,

Just saw your struggle today.  I am new and am only six days in.  Yesterday was hard for me too!

Today is better, I am trying to be proactive with anything that might help.  Had a third acupuncture treatment today. I am using nicorette lozenges for now if it gets to hard to bear.  I have a giant jar on my coffee table full of all types of hard candies, those little dum dum lollipops are the best.  Under the coffee table I have a bottle of bourbon.  I have driven  my neighbors crazy, bringing them homemade cookies and bread. (keeps me busy). I went to the hobby shop, got word search puzzles

(to make sure I don't lose my mind) and some neat color projects, very fine images,, you have to pay attention. I leave alone, a widow, grown son married but I do have company. Three dogs, and they keep me busy, had only two littles and my best friend passed and I now have an 80# pure blood chow.

Sorry I have been so chatty, I do find it helps to talk.  

STAY STRONG TRY EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING.  THAT IS MY MANTRA!

I WILL WIN AND YOU WILL WIN!

K

No worries. I like those word search puzzle books, too. 🙂

• Like 3