It’s time...

Hi! I’m Grace! I know it’s time to quit. I’m starting the video and reading a bunch of your the posts. I started smoking at 15, stopped for three years after I had my kids and then restarted. I also quit for 2 months at the start of Covid, but caved. I’m 47 now so it is time!
I’ve been saying I’ll quit when things calm down in my life- but there is always something. I am so sick of feeling so tired, I’ve gained all the weight back that I had lost and I’m worried about my health. I just found out a friend of mine has early stage lung cancer, and while she was telling me I could hear her smoking on the phone.
I have overcome other addictions, but this one has a firm grasp on me. 
I think if I can get through a few of the videos and start the Carr book it will get me to my quit date. Thanks for being here!

Edited by Graciegirlva
Grammar
  • Like 4

Hi @Graciegirlva Hi , welcome to quit train .

We have couple newcomers today I noticed , that's great . Having someone to walk through the journey together is wonderful support . We are all in different stages of our quits and I found in my own journey that that was so helpful . I know you will too . 

Ya I know we always find excuses to smoke . I was the same . Always procrastinated ? Me too . The perfect time to quit is now . We will always have stress in our lives or reasons to procrastinate and put it off so good for you realizing this and taking the steps to quit .  Smoking doesn't change life for the better that's for sure, and it doesn't calm stress like I once thought , in fact smoking just adds to the problem emotionally,  financially and physically . 

I know everyone will walk the journey with you . You won't walk alone . Reach out whenever needed , There is always someone who is going through or has gone through similar struggles . It's why quit sites work . 

So cool two starting this journey ! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard graciegirl and congratulations on quitting! Its good to see you already taking advantage of our video forum. A lot of members have found them extremely helpful 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Gracie girl! You will be ever so thankful that you have joined this forum! It’s the best! Be sure to holler out if you have a question, need someone to chat with or if you need help in saying NOPE today! 🤗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard ..

The Rewards you get from Quitting are endless.....

Read all the posts on the Main Smoking Discussion Board...that are pinned with green ..

There are some great tips and loads of info to get you started ...

I read Allen Carr too.....it changed the way I saw smoking ...and how it was doing the exact 

Opposite to what I thought was the reason I smoked ..

Quitting with friends is a great way to kick the addiction for good ...

You can do it ...believe in yourself ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Graciegirlva. You are so right there is always something. There is no better time than now to quit to take back your freedom, health and money from this addiction. You can do this you really can. I so sorry about your friend 😞 yet so glad you joined here with us! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard Gracie, this is the best place to be when you decide to quit smoking. The support here is second to none. Grab a seat and enjoy the ride to a happier and healthier life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome @Graciegirlva.  Yes it's time.  Please do make time to post here often.  Those that stay close to this forum and share their journey seem to have a higher success rate.  We are all ex-smokers so we will totally understand anything you're going through.  If you're feeling emotional or so hungry that you want to eat the neighbor's dinner, it's all ok.

Would love to see your post #2.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1