Damm virus

Linda

57 minutes ago, Katgirl said:

I know “they” say flying is safe now, but I have never liked flying, on a good day, and have really been fretting about flying cross country, in just a few weeks. So, my boyfriend suggested we take a month to 6 weeks and drive, instead of fly, and stop in and see everyone we miss, and visit places we have never seen, along the way. I love road trips, and since we just did  a three week one in March, and had a great time, I jumped at his offer. We are even taking Barney with us. I hate giving in to my fears, but I am looking at it, in a more positive light. It will be a trip of a lifetime.  We have a brand new SUV, so a perfect vehicle for such a long trip.

WOW, YES absolutely!! Give me a road trip any day over a quick flight! So much fun and seeing new places is fabulous. Based on where you live I suppose you're a little far north to make southern Utah/northern Arizona part of your travels but OMG, that part of the country is just so awesome and different from anywhere else - so beautiful and awesome to see on a road trip!

Utah.jpg.b71d1dc75ce6a1ed97e1fa1f6ba1600f.jpg

In any case, have a blast! It will also be so much more relaxed and fulfilling as a non-smoker too (bonus!!)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Katgirl said:

I know “they” say flying is safe now, but I have never liked flying, on a good day, and have really been fretting about flying cross country, in just a few weeks. So, my boyfriend suggested we take a month to 6 weeks and drive, instead of fly, and stop in and see everyone we miss, and visit places we have never seen, along the way. I love road trips, and since we just did  a three week one in March, and had a great time, I jumped at his offer. We are even taking Barney with us. I hate giving in to my fears, but I am looking at it, in a more positive light. It will be a trip of a lifetime.  We have a brand new SUV, so a perfect vehicle for such a long trip.

This sounds Fabulous ....much more fun than flying ....jealous here 😁🐸

• Like 2

That's fantastic @Katgirl, brought me back to fond memories of taking roadtrips from Alabama to Washington state to California and back each summer as kids to see my grandparents and other relatives :) except we had a stationwagon with no air conditioning lol😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So today is the first day of the opening of the economy in the place I live in 🎉🥳

The big issues are outdoor dining on patios/decks is now allowed but with some restrictions still in terms of who you can sit with, which is dumb I think but anyway. You can now go into stores and buy stuff other than food/pharmacy items. You know, stuff you might need sometimes like, shoes, clothes, hardware or building supplies?

They are going to open things up in 3 stages with a gap of 21 days between stages. They're being super conservative as they don't want to close things down again. We are at about 75% vaccinated 1st dose and they are rapidly working on 2nd doses now so by end of July, if not sooner we will likely be close to 80-85% fully vaccinated.

I don't know what's right or wrong in terms of opening things back up. Other places seem to have flung the doors open wider than here. I guess the powers to be here are concerned about the India variant. It's here and from what they are saying, you need full vaccination to avoid the bad effects of getting that strain. 

Now; today and likely all weekend around these parts, it will be next to impossible to get a table on a patio because they will not take reservations and the crowd capacity will be pretty low. Almost everyone will want to get out, have a drink/meal in a more social setting. I think the warden & I will hold off going out for awhile yet.

I think the next stage of opening will allow for personal care places to open like hairdressers, nail places and what not. The wife is chomping at the bit to get her nails done. Don't know why. I never notice any difference but she seems to just love it :42_confused:

Same issue will be there when these places open up. Try and book a haircut! Yeah; umm .... how bout mid-Sept? How's that work for ya? I have had mine in a ponytail the past month or so cuz it's just too long and gets in the way. Can't remember the last cut I got & I'm not doing it myself! I'll just be an old hippie dude for the summer I guess 😋

• Like 6

Things have been pretty open here for awhile. There is a movement to recall our governor for the rules he put in place in the beginning of the pandemic. Naturally, it is politically motivated, and angers me. How can you fault our leaders for trying to keep us safe? Ridiculous! He will be fine, as we are such a blue state, but it still angers me. I would not want the responsibility for making decisions that can have a direct impact on our populations’ health. Even though my significant other and I are fully vaccinated, we still wear masks in stores, when we go shopping. We are leaving next week on our cross country trip, so it will be interesting to see how each state is coping with the pandemic, at this point. We will bring a 50 pack of N- 95’s with us, and plenty of hand sanitizer, as well as wipes to clean surfaces in hotel rooms. 

• Like 2

@reciprocity, our county just this week moved into the final yellow tier. Pretty much everything is open with modifications but each tier allows more occupancy. So far so good as far as new cases go. We are finally seeing single digit new cases instead of double digit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

You can now go into stores and buy stuff other than food/pharmacy items. You know, stuff you might need sometimes like, shoes, clothes, hardware or building supplies?

If you're looking at buying any building supplies, buckle up buddy!  Lumber and steel prices are skyrocketing.  Those who are willing and able to pay the price will likely have to wait as materials are in short supply.  The supply chain is FUBAR right now.

Don't shoot the messenger.  I'm just giving you a heads up.

Take My Money GIF by memecandy

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Boo said:

If you're looking at buying any building supplies, buckle up buddy!  Lumber and steel prices are skyrocketing.  Those who are willing and able to pay the price will likely have to wait as materials are in short supply.  The supply chain is FUBAR right now.

Don't shoot the messenger.  I'm just giving you a heads up.

Take My Money GIF by memecandy

Yes, I'm well aware of exactly what you said and no, my 'building days' are well over so no lumber or steel for me.

I'm just hoping an appliance doesn't decide to die on us. I hear those are in short supply as well. As you said. Pretty much all supply chains are FUBAR right now. Hopefully that will improve soon. The inordinate price increases, ha! Those will stay I'm sure no matter what 😞 

• Like 1

I think you guys @reciprocity are smart there with the three week window . We only have two and quite likely will be fully open in a couple weeks . The delta virus is still concerning . Guess time will tell because we are talking rodeos , concerts , foot ball  games  it's pretty close to prior to covid .Try tracing after those if delta breaks loose though  . I think travel is the issue and should not be opening yet . It seems to have been the problem all along . 

The pic is it near Scottsdale ? Was looking to vacation in that area. I used to hate flying too @Katgirl now I'll take it anyway to get there fast if I wanna get away from Canadian winter but hate being a lone traveller , that causes me anxiety . Nothing like a slow paced site seeing road trip too with no time limits . Those are sweet . 

Continue to stay safe all . 

• Like 4

News is we are opening in our province July 1 . 

Good bad news to open on Canada day will remain to be seen July 14 I suppose . 

I will still wear a mask . 

Fireworks still on but with option of live streaming ( new for us) I'm content watching it at home .

How are restrictions every where else? 

Seems there are big concerns of the delta virus . My concern also is what if this begins to hit our under 12 age kids . I've still one in that category not vaccinated . 

5 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

We can have weddings ....

As long as you were a mask ...and definitely NO Dancing ...sounds like a barrel of laughs to me ...🙁

Repression leads to rebellion.

I watched a documentary film called Footloose.

kevin bacon 80s GIF

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, jillar said:

I read yesterday that we about 28,000 people in our county who never showed up for their second shot 😞 

Wow ...why bother having one ....I haven't got a number for the UK ..I will try and check ...

• Like 2

I think if people want to travel now more than likely two shots are better than one . 

All but 2 in my family are double dosed and as soon as able the others will be on the list .  I can't wait for for that safety knowing my family is fully protected and we are  protecting each other as well as people we don't know .  Will it mean if there is another pandemic of a different kind will I take the shot , not likely will I , but I felt very safe doing so this time .

I suppose people think one is suffice and that this will blow over but ... we are already talking here that we may have a resergance in the fall . Will it be a new strain , will one not be enough ? How long will the protection last .. I do hope people think , research then decide . Deciding something without education could be having to start all over. 

• Like 1

My California mom and dad went to Vegas last week to meet her sister and bro in law. All of them are in their 70's and fully vaccinated.

Her bro in law ended up with Covid! He's obese and has other health issues that put him in the high risk group. Thankfully because he was vaccinated he doesn't have a severe case. Lots of coughing but his oxygen SATs are staying nice and high at 97.

Be careful out there peeps, vaccinated or not, no one is 100% immune from this 😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2