Damm virus

Linda

Damn virus! We have another 7 days of lockdown to endure now, bad news for the whole state of Victoria. It's strict with all businesses closed except essential ones and a whole load of other restrictions. Lots of activities are cancelled of course, in fact 'life' is pretty much cancelled for another week! I loathe it as I'm not a home body at all and am happiest when out listening to live music or playing music with friends etc. I shed a few tears today, not just for myself but more for the feeling that things in our world are really bad and wondering how we all deal with this 'new normal' as it's being described? Finding my 'new normal' of not being a smoker quite challenging too right now as I can't seem to find comfort in anything much at the moment. Cigarettes did comfort me in an addictive, destructive and life threatening way! Must stay away from watching the news on TV or listening to it on the radio...so depressing and frightening.

Scared mouse.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

My daughter lives in Canberra Robbie ...

She has been keeping me updated ....Melbourne and Victoria have been hit hard ..with very strict 

Restrictions....

She had a little trip planned in the next couple of weeks ...that looks off the cards now ...

I have a few friends who I know will be so over this ....

Try and stay positive Robbie ...keep busy ...try new things ....

I Think it will be some time before I can go and visit her ...angry and sad ...🙁🐸

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Being the oneth of the month today, the Warden & I said 'F' it today!! 

Tired of Stay at Home Orders! Been months now only going to the food store and for walks around the block so we decided we'd go for for a completely 'non-essential' drive today 🤗

Stopped at the Wayne Gretsky Winery & Distillery in Niagara on the Lake (wine country) & picked up a little good cheer for later on.

Wayne.png.989e45f9abdc65c3c5ac1ec70ae9df1f.png

Lots of Grape vines in these parts. Far as the eye can see!

Wayne1.png.e566e72dab0695b14db712c69d46aa57.png

Then, off to have a look see at the water falls just down the road a bit. There's normally tons of people there but the place was deserted 👍

Looked at  the American side first(border is closed so you can't go there) ...................

NF.png.040c24b8f7585650b2fa45561e4e3dd3.png

Then the Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian side ........................

NF1.png.32d5da9303dba4658a32ad1664db546c.png

Could get closer today cuz no people ................

NF3.png.38baaed18a7f4a021fbf5fdacbe1a260.png

If you're in a canoe or kayak and you need to bail out, this branch is your last hope before you go over the edge 😮

Not sure if would hold you though. Doesn't look all that sturdy🤔 That current is moving really fast at this point!

NF4.png.b0bba610326e8c65df5671474a146583.png

Wow !!!!.....

This would be Amazing on your door step ....so Beautiful Mr Piggy....

I have a Airport ...no competition....

Enjoy your wine ...sounds like a plan ....😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robbie said:

Damn virus! We have another 7 days of lockdown to endure now, bad news for the whole state of Victoria. It's strict with all businesses closed except essential ones and a whole load of other restrictions. Lots of activities are cancelled of course, in fact 'life' is pretty much cancelled for another week! I loathe it as I'm not a home body at all and am happiest when out listening to live music or playing music with friends etc. I shed a few tears today, not just for myself but more for the feeling that things in our world are really bad and wondering how we all deal with this 'new normal' as it's being described? Finding my 'new normal' of not being a smoker quite challenging too right now as I can't seem to find comfort in anything much at the moment. Cigarettes did comfort me in an addictive, destructive and life threatening way! Must stay away from watching the news on TV or listening to it on the radio...so depressing and frightening.

Scared mouse.gif

We've been under an 'Emergency Stay At Home' order so long now that I can't remember when it was instituted. Feels like an emotional weight on your shoulders after awhile, even when you don't realize it all the time. Our vaccination roll out was slow in starting but we are now rolling along pretty well and that seems to be making a huge difference in new case numbers and hospitalizations.

The current 'Emergency Order' expired today and they did not extend it however, nothing is allowed to open so there's really not many places to go. Technically, yesterday, we were breaking the law with our little outing. Today, it would be allowed. Good thing we didn't get busted and sent to the crowbar hotel - lol. They are going to start opening some things up in 2 weeks. Very slowly and gradually because the last thing anybody here wants is a 4th lockdown. There does seem to be hope here now. I just hope there are no variants out there coming our way that the vaccines aren't capable of fighting.

I'm sure your situation there will improve at some point. I think once it does, things will move fairly quickly toward normalcy in most things. I don't envy you quitting during these times for sure but on all fronts, you life will be much, much better in the very near future. Now that's something to lift your spirits and something to celebrate :) 

• Like 5

I know just how you are feeling @Robbie, California had the longest lockdown of any state in the U.S.! But I truly believe that that is what kept me, as high risk, safe until I was able to get vaccinated.

We discovered zoom meetings during lockdown and had fun video talking to each other. Maybe you can look into doing something like that?

• Like 4

Wow ,I haven't been there for years. Time to make a trip I think . When we think about it , all of us have such beautiful places in our own countries we've not visited . I've missed out on two provinces . Would love to take the rails there actually . 

I have done well with the lockdown and following restrictions but this last month has caught up to me lol because things are really opening up and now I'm sick .

Had a covid test today . I expect it will be fine but who knows with all the variants and it puts it off another day again getting some antibiotics if it's bacterial . I can't see the dr until I get the results back . Once  I get the neg result I can take care of this and get out to dining out k no hestitancy there , I feel as safe there as anywhere as long as it's just with my contact people and hey festivals arestarting in July ! I'm on line already with mask  and hand sanitizer . 

• Like 2

Yay, some restrictions have been lifted in Regional Victoria (where I am) but not the whole state as yet. I was finding lockdown hard to handle this time around...too much time to think about everything. Anyway we are able to drive with no restriction except to Melbourne and the shops are open again. I'm going to head into the city, visit a friend and generally reconnect with life outside my home! Need to make the most of these times as they may not last.... 

• Like 3

Update covid neg  .. sore throats still positive though so off to doc for antibiotics , likely strep . All good . Will still stay in a couple days til not contagious . 

I will be be up to hitting the patio festivities and live music soon . Oh yah ! 

One more month here hopefully with no U turns but ..like quitting smoking we need to stay vigilant and cautious . Mask now and beyond now , its worth it but most importantly keep washing those hands and stay home if sick 

May the world continue to heal from this devastating here , physically and emotionally it's been rough . 

It will be speedy now once I get those wonderful healing properties , natural remedies just couldn't heal this one unfortunatly . Grateful 

Thanks @Gus

• Like 4

@Abby, sorry you are under the weather. Every time I get a hint of a cold or sore throat, I am terrified it’s COVID. Not so much now, that I’m fully vaccinated. It is my hope that those Americans,who have chosen not to get vaccinated, will come to their senses. It is the only way we can rid ourselves of this deadly virus. The alternative is that it will be with us for the foreseeable future, and we will need booster shots every year.  I further hope the rest of the world can also have access to the vaccinationS. As for you, you know the drill: Take your meds,  as prescribed, Tylenol or Ibuprofen for discomfort, rest, and plenty of fluids. You will be ready to party in no time….

• Like 4

On 6/1/2021 at 9:14 PM, reciprocity said:

Being the oneth of the month today, the Warden & I said 'F' it today!! 

Tired of Stay at Home Orders! Been months now only going to the food store and for walks around the block so we decided we'd go for for a completely 'non-essential' drive today 🤗

Stopped at the Wayne Gretsky Winery & Distillery in Niagara on the Lake (wine country) & picked up a little good cheer for later on.

Wayne.png.989e45f9abdc65c3c5ac1ec70ae9df1f.png

Lots of Grape vines in these parts. Far as the eye can see!

Wayne1.png.e566e72dab0695b14db712c69d46aa57.png

Then, off to have a look see at the water falls just down the road a bit. There's normally tons of people there but the place was deserted 👍

Looked at  the American side first(border is closed so you can't go there) ...................

NF.png.040c24b8f7585650b2fa45561e4e3dd3.png

Then the Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian side ........................

NF1.png.32d5da9303dba4658a32ad1664db546c.png

Could get closer today cuz no people ................

NF3.png.38baaed18a7f4a021fbf5fdacbe1a260.png

If you're in a canoe or kayak and you need to bail out, this branch is your last hope before you go over the edge 😮

Not sure if would hold you though. Doesn't look all that sturdy🤔 That current is moving really fast at this point!

NF4.png.b0bba610326e8c65df5671474a146583.png

Fabulous photos, Reci!! Having been to both falls and to Niagara on the Lake, I can appreciate these images! Beautiful, just beautiful...ps. how is the Gretzsky wine? 😷

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rozuki said:

Fabulous photos, Reci!! Having been to both falls and to Niagara on the Lake, I can appreciate these images! Beautiful, just beautiful...ps. how is the Gretzsky wine? 😷

We're not wine drinkers but they also distil Rye-Whiskey there and we love their Salted Caramel Whiskey based Cream Liquor! So tasty on the rocks as an after dinner treat 😍 Puts Bailey's Irish Cream to shame (IMO)

From what I have ever heard, Niagara wines are OK for locally produced wines but they are not really up there on a world wide scale. They do make excellent dessert Ice Wines though. If you ever make your way to Niagara on the Lake again, it's worth a visit because you can buy taste testing packages and sample many of their products, both wine & whiskey products. They have a lovely patio and large indoor area for this. Even a skating rink for winter months. And of course, a retail store lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Going to a winery is always fun. I have memberships to several. With a membership, you get unlimited free tastings for yourself and as many as 3 friends, and a significant discount off retail, for their wines. My favorite one to visit, in the area, is Coppola Winery, owned by Francis Ford Coppola, the famous Hollywood film maker. All of his Oscars are displayed there, along with props from his films, including the desk from The Godfather, the car from Tucker, costumes from Dracula, original film posters from Apocalypse Now, etc. And the property,  itself, is just breathtaking.  There are Swimming pools you can use, complete with cabanas. Being Italian, Francis put in a Bocce Ball Court, as well. He also has a very decent restaurant in the main building. Naturally, I haven’t been there since COVID, but I look forward to a return visit, perhaps later this Summer.

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 3

@jillar, I guess the movie stars can afford to open wineries, when they retire from acting. In our family, we say “wine tastings are the perfect excuse to get drunk in the daytime”….😂 I know I’m always buzzed after attending one….

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jillar said:

We have Fess Parker winery here @Katgirl lol Daniel Boone!

He also played Davey Crockett, another famous American frontiersman who died at the Alamo, in a mid 1950's Disney TV series along side of Buddy Epsen of Beverly Hillbillies fame. My Mom bought me a Davey Crocket outfit when I was pretty young complete with the coon-skin hat with the dangling raccoon tail and all. She told me I loved that outfit so much I even wanted to wear it to bed at night lol.

• Like 4

I know “they” say flying is safe now, but I have never liked flying, on a good day, and have really been fretting about flying cross country, in just a few weeks. So, my boyfriend suggested we take a month to 6 weeks and drive, instead of fly, and stop in and see everyone we miss, and visit places we have never seen, along the way. I love road trips, and since we just did  a three week one in March, and had a great time, I jumped at his offer. We are even taking Barney with us. I hate giving in to my fears, but I am looking at it, in a more positive light. It will be a trip of a lifetime.  We have a brand new SUV, so a perfect vehicle for such a long trip.

• Like 5