Damm virus

Linda

Is it ever going away??? Have already lost friends to this damm virus. and another friend has just tested positive. Its been a crappy day and it just of worse. What is wrong with people not taking this serious? Time for me to break out the wine!!!

Edited by Linda
Add info
  • Sad 5

Linda, so sorry for your loss and speedy recovery please for your friend . 

Yes this virus has taken a toll on us all . No one knows whose safe and who isn't really even with the vaccine . Will their be a need for yearly boosters. So many questions . So much is still not known . 

• Like 1

I suffer from an anxiety disorder on a good day, so you can imagine that it’s worse for me, since the virus. None of us has faced anything like this, in our lifetimes, so any of us with brains are scared, and rightfully so. I wish there weren’t so many people who aren’t taking it seriously, and therefore not bothering to get vaccinated. My fear is that we will never reach the necessary threshold to achieve herd immunity, because of these people. If I had to guess, we are all going to need to get vaccinated yearly, like we do for the flu. The Government is already talking booster shots, perhaps as early as this coming Fall. This is big time scary stuff and I feel sorry for the friends and family of those who refuse to see the urgency of the situation. I spent my life in the healthcare field, and I thank God I retired well before having to be on the front lines, during those awful early days. Having said that, I did volunteer to come out of retirement when our Governor asked. Thankfully, they never called me for duty.

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 4

Covid has started to spread again in Victoria, Australia where I live.  We are in lockdown for 7 days with 3 and a half more to go; this means we can only go out for food, exercise, caregiving and a few other reasons with time limits and mask wearing is mandatory. All the shops and facilities are shut except supermarkets and chemists etc. essential services.  Lockdown may be extended, which is really hard on us people that live alone...I totally loathe it and didn't really see it coming! It was very sudden with little warning. The only positive thing is that we can form a 'bubble' with one other person who lives alone, so I have done that. The good news is the sun is shining although it's very cold and I can walk along the beach for two hours! Too much time to think though and I've thought about smoking a few times, but managing to keep my quit so far. It's much easier when one is busy and can seek out company and distractions, that's for sure. Feeling sorry for all those who have endured lockdowns, we had it for 112 days last year. Just the worst time for everyone. 

• Sad 5

It’s horrible that this is coming during this time for you. I believe you can do it. I wish that you could engage your mind more. I know. I know. There’s only so much any of us could stand of that. I can’t wait until you can get back out and get distracted by all sorts of people and events. Prayers for you. 🤗

• Like 5

Things are looking up in the States. A lot of us have been vaccinated, and I believe that is what is slowing it down. We aren’t completely out of the woods here, but getting closer to back to normal. What a scary time for all of us!

• Like 5

Hang in there @Robbie, we're just coming out of pretty much a year long quarantine in California! And that's only because people are getting vaccinated. Hopefully they get a handle on it in Victoria soon and you can get back to living...🤗

• Like 5

Thanks everyone, unfortunately it seems that the virus gets worse in the Winter and we are just heading into it. A lot of people are getting vaccinated in Australia but it's been a mess with people who are at risk (like me) finding it hard to book in for the shot. My medical clinic didn't receive enough vaccination, so I have to go elsewhere and am on a waiting list. Luckily there is no virus around the town where I live, but I wouldn't be thinking about travelling any further that's for sure. We had a few months of being able to go to the movies, eat out and listen to live music which felt great and I guess that makes this lockdown even tougher. Oh well, it's not as bad as some countries where it is everywhere, so I'm grateful for that.

• Like 6

Sorry Robbie,  this covid stuff is horrible. Especially for us people who live alone. Hang in there we can do hard stuff! !!!

Stay close to the group You are doing great.

• Like 5

Thanks Linda, yes it is very tough on all of us but especially those of us on their own I think. I just need to make sure I keep my quit safe, I tend to look for comfort during lockdown, but I'll just stick to eating and walking!  :) 

• Like 7

I've been alone through this horrible mess ...well I do have Ted the cat ...

I tried to keep as busy as I could ...finding new exercise things to do ..Knitted a chunky Cardy ...ect...

Stick close to the board ...play games ....come and whip the sticks ....it's a good feel factor ...

Quitting can be fun too....😀

• Like 4

Being the oneth of the month today, the Warden & I said 'F' it today!! 

Tired of Stay at Home Orders! Been months now only going to the food store and for walks around the block so we decided we'd go for for a completely 'non-essential' drive today 🤗

Stopped at the Wayne Gretsky Winery & Distillery in Niagara on the Lake (wine country) & picked up a little good cheer for later on.

Wayne.png.989e45f9abdc65c3c5ac1ec70ae9df1f.png

Lots of Grape vines in these parts. Far as the eye can see!

Wayne1.png.e566e72dab0695b14db712c69d46aa57.png

Then, off to have a look see at the water falls just down the road a bit. There's normally tons of people there but the place was deserted 👍

Looked at  the American side first(border is closed so you can't go there) ...................

NF.png.040c24b8f7585650b2fa45561e4e3dd3.png

Then the Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian side ........................

NF1.png.32d5da9303dba4658a32ad1664db546c.png

Could get closer today cuz no people ................

NF3.png.38baaed18a7f4a021fbf5fdacbe1a260.png

If you're in a canoe or kayak and you need to bail out, this branch is your last hope before you go over the edge 😮

Not sure if would hold you though. Doesn't look all that sturdy🤔 That current is moving really fast at this point!

NF4.png.b0bba610326e8c65df5671474a146583.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, great photos. Lockdown is tough alright. I've been going to the beach when it's sunny, we are allowed two hours exercise per day, but not supposed to go more than five klm from home...I go eight but it's a mental health issue! 

• Like 6

Went to a Memorial Day event yesterday, at a local cemetery. Place was packed, and not a mask in sight, except for the one I was carrying around. I did my best to avoid people, even though I ‘ve been fully vaccinated. I honestly believe the pandemic has exacerbated my anxiety problem, and I suppose quitting smoking didn’t help, either, though it may, in the long run.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Katgirl said:

Went to a Memorial Day event yesterday, at a local cemetery. Place was packed, and not a mask in sight, except for the one I was carrying around. I did my best to avoid people, even though I ‘ve been fully vaccinated. I honestly believe the pandemic has exacerbated my anxiety problem, and I suppose quitting smoking didn’t help, either, though it may, in the long run.

Kind of surprised at how open the US is, given the fact they're still up there in case counts/population but if you're fully vaccinated then you should not have any serious concerns. I'm not sure what I will do once I'm fully vaccinated and they remove restrictions here. Wear a mask or not?? I think I'll have issues dinning indoors for quite a while. You're correct .... quitting has probably increased your anxiety in the early days. The good news though is that learning to deal with your anxieties without smokes will be one of the greatest benefits of you quitting somewhere down the road!

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Robbie said:

Wow, great photos. Lockdown is tough alright. I've been going to the beach when it's sunny, we are allowed two hours exercise per day, but not supposed to go more than five klm from home...I go eight but it's a mental health issue! 

The mental health benefit for us today was huge 👍

I firmly believe we acted responsibly. We were outdoors the whole time. We were not in close to anyone, aside from the wife paying for the mood enhancer stuff - lol. We came home, had a BBQ and drank some of Wayne's finest 🤪. All in all, it was a great day!

• Like 7

Gorgeous pics @reciprocity you rebel!😄 I'm be leary of eating indoors too still and don't plan to anytime soon.

@Katgirl this pandemic has given me more anxiety too. That's why you should be even more proud of yourself for quitting, all you 2020-21 quitters should be🤗

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Kind of surprised at how open the US is, given the fact they're still up there in case counts/population but if you're fully vaccinated then you should not have any serious concerns. I'm not sure what I will do once I'm fully vaccinated and they remove restrictions here. Wear a mask or not?? I think I'll have issues dinning indoors for quite a while. You're correct .... quitting has probably increased your anxiety in the early days. The good news though is that learning to deal with your anxieties without smokes will be one of the greatest benefits of you quitting somewhere down the road!

Thank you. That’s what I have been telling myself. Because I have always suffered from anxiety, it is easy for me to fall into the negative self talk trap, which only makes it worse. I am working on being more positive, and the power walking I’ve been doing (twice a day) should help, too. I am aiming at becoming a calmer, healthier, and perhaps even slimmer me.  

image.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Katgirl said:

Thank you. That’s what I have been telling myself. Because I have always suffered from anxiety, it is easy for me to fall into the negative self talk trap, which only makes it worse. I am working on being more positive, and the power walking I’ve been doing (twice a day) should help, too. I am aiming at becoming a calmer, healthier, and perhaps even slimmer me.  

These are the things you will realize later on in your quit. The real gems that you didn't even expect to find when you started out. Dealing with life's issues becomes easier and more direct, instead of hiding behind a cloud of deadly smoke while contemplating things. That and just being free from having your life controlled 24/7 by a senseless addiction. Holy cow! What were we thinking all those years?

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1