Hi! I’m new.

Meow

Hey everyone….

I quit two weeks ago today.   I’m really thankful to have found you all! 

I am 50 years old, smoked a pack to a pack and a half a day for about 14 years. My mom smoked her whole life (including when she was pregnant with me….in 1970 it wasn’t yet a terrible thing) and my dad quit when he was 50, so my childhood was all around smokers. 

I quit because I got so sick of the smell and the yellow fingers.  And the expense. And just two weeks on, it’s amazing how much my sense of smell has improved.  Cigarettes really do stink!  

Linda

• Like 7

Hi Linda, welcome to our train full of quitters😊 What a great quit you have already. Take a look around our place when you get a chance. We have tons of material about our addiction including a video forum if that's more your thing.

We also have a fun Social section with various forums to help take your mind off smoking while sticking close to your support.

Reach out as often as you need to. We have people from alk over the world here so there's almost always someone here 24/7 😊

• Like 5

Hi and welcome Linda ...

Congratulations in making the great decision to take your life back ,and free yourself from this horrible addiction ...

Settle in ,and have a look at the Main Smoking Discussion Board....you will see all helpful posts pinned 

With green ...and there are great videos that cover most of your concerns...

We have a great bunch of Newbies who would love to have you join them ...

Buckle up ,and enjoy the Ride ...

• Like 4

Not only do the cigarettes stink but I was amazed at how badly I stank after having a smoke back when I was a smoker!

Hey! There's tons of benefits to quitting so be on the look out for them as you continue along the tracks to Freedomville!

Welcome and Great Start with your quit 🤩

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Meow said:

I quit because I got so sick of the smell and the yellow fingers.

Hello and welcome Linda. Great start in finding us and with the two week quit! You will find so much support here and just an overall sense of amiability and helpfulness pervade this forum. I too had grown so tired of the smell of those filthy cigarettes and once I had quit smoking I couldn’t believe that I had walked around smelling that bad for well over half of my life. And I had gotten to where I would spray a little Clorox Cleanup on my fingers and scrub with an old toothbrush to remove the stains from my fingers. It worked. I don’t recommend it though. LOL Just one of the stupid masking attempts smokers make to cover up their addiction. Well, anyway I just wanted to say hello! Stay close and SOS if you need us! 🤗

• Like 3

Welcome Linda.  What a pretty name you have.  I am a Linda too and there is another Linda here.  You have a great quit started.  The first couple of weeks are the toughest.  If you've made it through those, you can definitely go the distance.  There is a great group of people here from around the globe.  We are here to support you along your journey.  Hang around and get to know us all.  You definitely can do this.

• Like 4

Welcome aboard, Linda. I quit 12 days ago, so we are almost twins.  LOL This is a great place to hang, if you want to keep your quit. Stick around, and enjoy the ride. I am proud of you and happy you found us.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...