Daily reward

bakon

Post your reward for today.  What did you do for yourself for making one more day? 

what’s the importance? First quitting is hard work. Real fudged at time’s especially when under six months. Not whole time so don’t be discouraged, just a ball buster here and there and here again. 

so why post? To remember to treat yourself. Sorry your non smoking friends aren’t going to reward you. It’s life, they may or may not really care. Or feel you should just do it and that’s the end of it.

it’s not. It’s work and you get paid for completing it.  Pay yourself.  Big days- big rewards.  Everyday something, even as small as a candy bar, extra cookie, comb, new finger nail polish.

pack costing around $10 a day now, don’t have to spend it all, but your worth something. Can even be an activity which is free. Spend the time on yourself.  

so what’s it going to be today. 

Mine is some swimming pool time and a beer later.  Closing on 9 years soon and bought our retirement home in Florida, still working but enjoying it today on vacation.   
post-28-0-02784700-1398461897_thumb.png

PS.  Yesterday was same thing but maybe a couple beers

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I collect mechanical wrist watches, an unusual hobby for a female, especially a heterosexual one, I imagine. I currently own about 50. So I spend a lot of time planning my next acquisition. That is how I will treat myself. The average amount I spend on a new watch is between $3-500.00. So I will keep looking at various Seikos or Hamiltons, until I find something I really want. Then , I will buy it. I have to space out my treats, because they can get a bit pricey. 😬

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 7

Just past 2 months quit, I basically just enjoy watching, reading, or doing something that makes me laugh and laugh. It surprised me how miserable of a person smoking had caused me to become. So I laugh. I set my steps to be a little lighter and jaunty. And I am content. Thank God. I am content. 

Edited by Gus
Misspelling
  • Like 8

I treated myself to a mani/pedi today...which I have been doing every three weeks or so since I quit. I get what is called "dip" which is like the gel manicure except your nails are dipped in powder....then magically the process turns into what you picked out from the samples you pick from! Since I am constantly gardening this really works for me...my nails always look perfect!

But today I decided instead of the classic pedicure (which is great...includes exfoliation scrub, warm lotion, foot/leg massage, hot towels) I would go one step beyond and get all of the above and an aloe vera gel soak for the feet/toes. OMG....it was fabulous....the stuff she put in the basin turns into some kind of goopy gel that is warm and squishy and encases your feet/toes...it just felt great and it was only $5 extra! 

Before I quit, it seems I never had money for stuff like this on a regular schedule. 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rozuki said:

I treated myself to a mani/pedi today...…… I would go one step beyond and get all of the above and an aloe vera gel soak for the feet/toes. OMG....it was fabulous....the stuff she put in the basin turns into some kind of goopy gel that is warm and squishy and encases your feet/toes...it just felt great and it was only $5 extra! 

Great gift to yourself! I love the hot liquid wax treatment to my feet. Perhaps I will treat myself to a pedicure soon!  😊

1 hour ago, Rozuki said:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Katgirl said:

I collect mechanical wrist watches, an unusual hobby for a female, especially a heterosexual one, I imagine. I currently own about 50. So I spend a lot of time planning my next acquisition. That is how I will treat myself. The average amount I spend on a new watch is between $3-500.00. So I will keep looking at various Seikos or Hamiltons, until I find something I really want. Then , I will buy it. I have to space out my treats, because they can get a bit pricey. 😬

I have about 20 watches myself.  The oldest being a still working mechanical diver style watch from Sears that I got for Christmas in late 70s.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wayne045 said:

I have about 20 watches myself.  The oldest being a still working mechanical diver style watch from Sears that I got for Christmas in late 70s.

Nice!. I love dive watches! Like most who wear them, I am strictly a “desk diver”.  I belong to a watch forum, where we post a wrist shot of which one we are wearing each day. I enjoy hanging out there. It’s a bunch of guys from all over the world……….. and ME! 😉😊😎

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Martian5 said:

To take the time and enjoy a good walk and take in all that it entails!!!

I am walking daily, for the exercise, and as a stress buster. Whatever I can do do alleviate anxiety, is a big help. Anything that helps me feel better is a reward.

• Like 5