Need to quit.

Reynjoe

Hey @Katgirl, you do what works for you! We've got other members who've done the same and been successful.

A lot of people don't agree with my JAC (jillars air cigarette) but it worked so well for me I pass the clue to others. 

There's others still who don't agree with using NRTs. There's actually other quit smoking sites that are only for cold turkey quitters!

My point is it doesn't matter how you get there as long as you get there.

And now others aren't going to agree with my reply lol.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jillar said:

My point is it doesn't matter how you get there as long as you get there.

Thank God for NRT. With my anxiety disorder it has been just what I needed to keep from having to check myself in somewhere. I have one week left of the step 3 and I will be off of that. I honestly feel like I could do it now, but I’ve already paid for them and well I hate to waste anything. LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gus said:

So thankful you found what works for you. The main thing is for us to get our quits out there for future quitters to peruse. The personal stories, comments, and tidbits of advice are what got me through those horrible first weeks. 🤗

So glad you found this place, and that I did, too. Maybe someone else can relate to my need for a “security blanket”. I see you quit on St. Patty’s Day! Easy to remember. Me? I chose a random Monday in May. Whatever works! 🤔

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Reynjoe, the best decision you can make in your life is to quit smoking. I not going to lie and tell you it's easy because it's not. It is on the other hand 100% doable if you believe and have faith in yourself. I quit cold turkey just after the beginning of the pandemic and it has been just over a year quit for me. You must be 100% committed to your quit for any kind of success. So, pick a seat and enjoy the ride to a happier and healthier life.

• Like 3

Fear is our worst enemy . It will have us procrastinate , it will have us doubting our ability , it will make us feel we are alone in this and that we can't possibly be strong enough . It will have us thinking things like we canT  shame or embarrass ourselves if we don't make it the first try or give us feelings of anxiety . These things are normal thoughts when you think about quitting . Trust me ok we all understand . 

We don't know how or can we live life without them  fifty years making , but I'm here to tell you , you can  . Until you are stronger lean on everyone here who have been through and are going through and doing this .all of us had fears all of us started on day one , and personally I think of every day as day one and grateful . It's a new beginning every single morning .  Every person here can help you until it gets easier . We are all at different stages of our quits and  have experienced things we thought no one else did . We all help each other but you have to take the first step so when you are ready we are too . Read all this support . Quittrain works . 

• Like 4

“Fear is our worst enemy”

Fear can also be a great motivator!  It was fear of having a heart attack that motivated me to put down the cigarettes. Fear of dying, before I finish my job, here on earth.  I still have kids and grandkids who need me to guide them along their own paths in life. I want to be here for them, as long as God will allow. So, fear is not always a bad thing…🤔

• Like 5

Thats true , it čan go both ways . Thanks for pointing that out . My thought was there too lol but my post was getting long or I just forgot .. darn old agelol. 

Yup my reason to quit too , how could I forget , but in the beginning my fear was what stopped me from quitting only trying to quit and constantly giving up .  When things got real serious then I did it . Thanks for adding to this . 

• Like 4

Glad to see you pick a date @Reynjoe. Use this time to prepare by getting yourself some sweets to suck on in case you crave them like a lot of us did when we first quit. Stop smoking in the areas you normally smoke in. You'll also want to stay hydrated and drink lots of water or juice to help flush out the nicotine.😊

• Like 3

Way to go, Rnj! Sunday it is. Now you just have to do it! I honestly believe you can. Why do I believe that? Because I did it.  And if I can do it, so can you….

Stick around here, all through the process. I know it has helped me. Keep reading whatever you can, on here. Knowledge is power. Words of encouragement are like a breath of fresh air……literally!😎

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 4

On 5/19/2021 at 1:16 AM, Katgirl said:

I still have 19 cigarettes left in the last pack I bought. I did not toss them. Years ago, I read somewhere, that if you don’t have them available, you will experience more panic. So I put them up. It made sense to me. Perhaps, it’s my personality. I know that when I smoked the last cigarette, in the pack, late in the evening, I would tell myself, “I can wait until morning to go buy a pack.” But then I would get anxious about not having any, so I would jump in my car and go out to buy a pack. Knowing that I have a pack on hand,  keeps me more calm around quitting. I know most of you may think it’s foolish, but it works for me. It’s my security blanket. I CHOOSE not to light one up, rather than I can’t because I don’t have any.

If it works for you Katgirl...everybody's journey is different ....

All Roads lead to Rome ....getting there in your own way .....great job ..😁

• Like 2

Way to go, RnJ! I am so proud of you for picking today and following through. I think picking the Lord’s Day was brilliant! It’s a powerful Day for a time when you need strength. Stay close to the group. We are all here for you.

• Like 4