Need to quit.

Reynjoe

Hello and Welcome ...

We can give you all the tools and the Knowledge ....and support you 100%....

First you need to believe in yourself ...you can Quit ...we all did ...and your no more hooked than we were .

Take a look at the Main Smoking Discussion Board....

There is loads of great information there ,and tips to help you along ...

We have a great bunch of Newbies who are traveling side by side ..why not join them ..

Not time like the present to free yourself ..😁

• Like 6

Welcome aboard @Reynjoe, great decision to quit smoking and take your freedom back. I'm convinced that the support I received from fellow quitters who knew what I was going through at any given time is how I was successful and we want the same for you. No one knows better than us the ins and outs of quitting so you're in good company to get it done. Check out our whole site, theres lots of information here from educating yourself about our addiciton to giving your mind a break from the constant thinking about it in our Social forums.

You can do it and we want to help :) 

Edited by jillar
  • Like 5

Hi, there. I am 70, and quit a week ago, today.  My Cardiologist finally got through to me. I balked, at first, and even made fun of him, to my friends. But he got through to me. If I can do this, so can you…. Care to join me?

KAT

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 7

Hello @Reynjoe!  I’m 55 and smoked 35 years and later today it will be my 2 month quitaversary! It’s rough in the beginning. No need to try to make it pretty. But it does get better. Read the material offered. Watch the videos. Read as many of the personal stories as you can manage. Become informed. Ask questions. And then do all of that again. It’s the only thing that saw me through to today. This forum has to be the best that is out there and I’m so thankful that I found it. Looking forward to following your successful quit. You can do it!

• Like 4

Welcome aboard, @Reynjoe

I made several attempts to quit smoking.  What finally helped me was joining and participating in an online quit smoking forum like this one.  The knowledge and support you can get here can help you quit for good.

It may seem intimidating at first but quitting smoking is a great thing to do and is worth any early struggles you may have.  Stick around.  You can do this.

• Like 6

Welcome aboard! Great decision and this is the right place for support. I was 66 when I finally had enough. You can make it happen and don`t think that "well I`ve smoked for so long that it doesn`t matter now". That is not true. You will feel so much better physically and mentally. Your self esteem will be a great reward. This site is loaded with the right people with the know how to get the job done. It will not be as hard as you think. Read the support tools on site and get your mind right to win the fight. Hope to see you around. Best wishes.

• Like 7

Welcome Reynjoe.  It is never to late to quit and it is definitely doable.  Make this forum your new addiction.  There is plenty of information, games and friendship here.  I tried many different clinical ways to quit and was not successful until I landed here.  This is your time to be enjoying life.  Why not find freedom from this awful addiction.  You can do it! 

• Like 6

Doesn’t take long to pick a date. As Nike likes to say, “Just Do It!” I did not pick a date. I just decided last Monday evening, “this is my last cigarette…….EVER!”  Maybe that will work better for you, too…

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Reynjoe said:

Still thinking of a quit date at this point.

Soon...very, very soon.

No time like Now to have a better healthy life ....

Why put more Nicotine in ..just to take it out again ...

Don't leave it too long ....like I did ....I was facing having my feet amputated...

It's not always the lungs that suffer ...🙁

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Reynjoe said:

Still thinking of a quit date at this point.

Soon...very, very soon.

Rey, I think you and I and everyone knows that picking a date never works. The lead up to it is torture! I found myself chain smoking leading up to it and if I still had cigarettes left than it was put off again and again. I quit like @Katgirl did, I just decided on Memorial day weekend in 2016 that instead of going to buy another pack that that would be that. And so it was. 

You're here now surrounded by fellow quitters to support and guide you to your forever quit so why not just take that leap of faith?!😊

• Like 3

Jill is right. I just up and decided that I was done smoking when I came to the last cigarette in the only pack I had in my possession. Immediately tossed ashtrays and lighters. Done is done. I would still be smoking if I was smoking towards an ideal quit time. 

• Like 4

I still have 19 cigarettes left in the last pack I bought. I did not toss them. Years ago, I read somewhere, that if you don’t have them available, you will experience more panic. So I put them up. It made sense to me. Perhaps, it’s my personality. I know that when I smoked the last cigarette, in the pack, late in the evening, I would tell myself, “I can wait until morning to go buy a pack.” But then I would get anxious about not having any, so I would jump in my car and go out to buy a pack. Knowing that I have a pack on hand,  keeps me more calm around quitting. I know most of you may think it’s foolish, but it works for me. It’s my security blanket. I CHOOSE not to light one up, rather than I can’t because I don’t have any.

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Katgirl said:

it works for me

So thankful you found what works for you. The main thing is for us to get our quits out there for future quitters to peruse. The personal stories, comments, and tidbits of advice are what got me through those horrible first weeks. 🤗

• Like 4