Just Quit for the Second Time

Katgirl

@Katgirl   That to funny! But I will tell you I am alone and that does make it hard while trying to quit smoking. Especially in the evening. That's why we have all these wonderful people on the train, They have saved my but several times. Yes it does sound like he needs a decorator lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

So, I’m pretty sure I have mentioned that I suffer from an anxiety disorder, which is pretty chronic, at least, lately. Well, today, it was almost out of control. I felt so bad, that I took an extra half dose of my anti-anxiety medication. Right now, I am almost back to feeling reasonably normal. For those of you who also experience bouts of anxiety, you know what I mean. Can I just say how much it pisses me off to suffer from a mental disorder?! It seems unfair. I always try to live the right way, I am in a great relationship. My kids and dozen grandkids are all fine and happy. It makes no sense for me to feel anxious. On paper, my life is great. I just returned from a 6 week cross country vacation, where I got to see wonderful places, spent quality time with all 3 of my sons, and 5 of my grandkids. I also got to see several very close long term friends, on the east coast. I stayed in luxury hotels, visited my coveted Jersey shore for 4 days, toured our nation’s capital, etc. I did all of that, with very little anxiety. So, why now? I even made sure to restart my exercise routine, because I know it helps with the anxiety. It is really scary to experience such severe so anxiety, that I feel like I’m losing control…. Keep me in your thoughts, please.

KAT

• Sad 4

Oh @Katgirl, that sounds terrible. I hope you're feeling better soon. Maybe its everything you did catching up with you. 

Since having respiratory failure I get anxiety attacks and find if I just breathe in slowly and do pursed lip breathing out I can calm myself down fairly quickly.🤗

• Like 3

Hope you feel better @Katgirl.  It must be terribly hard to have to live with this.  Why get pissed off at it, it's no different from any other disorder - we all live with something or the other.  You're doing all the right things and that's all you can do, isn't it?

• Like 3

Thank you, @jillar, and @d2e8b8. I did use my 4-7-8 breathing technique, and it did help.  And d, you are right. We all have our crosses to bear. It’s just that I try so hard to be perfect. I am a Typa A personality, and those 2 factors may be at the root of my anxiety disorder. The good news is that I do have the tools to deal with it, including good meds. Doctors do not like to hand out Benzos anymore, but my Doc has known me for years, and trusts that I won’t abuse them. I just did another 30 minutes of moderately intensive cardio, which always helps, too.

• Like 4

Sorry you having a bad time Katgirl ....

I can only try and imagine how frustrating this can be ....

Your doing all the right things ... excersise..happy endorphins.....

Deep breaths ...

Nobody is perfect .....all we can all do is our best ....❤️🐸

• Like 3

I’m sorry that you are going through this. I know exactly how it feels. Sometimes it makes me think that I am not allowed to be happy, on top of the world, or just completely comfortable in myself or where I am at in life. But I muster on. Breathing exercises help me the most. They ground me.  I surely hope that you are over this latest attack.  Praying for a happy day! 🤗

• Like 3