Thinking about life

Linda

Looks like its going to be a Karen Carpenter day for me, play all her the best of albums,  look for the   not so heard of songs like "Calling occupants of interplanetary Craft"

Some of her songs still make me leak My optometrist did say  a good cry is good for the eye

• Like 2

Damn what a wuss I am being today,  I mean I am getting teary eyed my emotions are on high alert.  Man I have 6 more hours of work, got to keep it together,  Guess O will have to hang out on my hunting forum and man up for the rest of the day

Edited by Opah

1 hour ago, Opah said:

Damn what a wuss I am being today,  I mean I am getting teary eyed my emotions are on high alert.  Man I have 6 more hours of work, got to keep it together,  Guess O will have to hang out on my hunting forum and man up for the rest of the day

Sorry I brought it up, Opah. I didn’t realize it was such a sensitive subject for you. The manner of her death made me profoundly sad, as well. Let’s all just remember her talent and continue to  enjoy the beautiful music she and her brother created. 

• Like 2

Hey Kat thank you for being concerned,  Karen Carpenter just goes way back with me, But i think that any one who died from Anorexia would be sad. One would think starvation would be 100% preventable.

Edited by Opah

Jumped out of Bed today after a good nights sleep,  got to work a couple hours early looks like a 12 hour day by choice.

I have 50 bucks in my wallet and it is feeling like a menudo day,  Menudo and a carnie asada wet burrito with green sauce ?   Or maybe Steak and shirmp ?  What sounds better guys ?

1 hour ago, Opah said:

Hey Kat thank you for being concerned,  Karen Carpenter just goes way back with me, But i think that any one who died from Anorexia would be sad. One would think starvation would be 100% preventable.

Unfortunately, Anorexia is a serious mental disorder. In a bid to look perfect, and have their idea of the ideal female body, young women literally starve themselves, and yes, some die from the disorder. Until advertisers stop using only super thin models to sell their products, Anorexia will remain a problem.  Advertisers should play to the REAL general public. The reality is that most of us are not rail thin, but rather average, or even above average,  in size. The average dress size for an American woman is 12-14, yet the models who advertise the clothes we wear are no bigger than a size 6. That’s just wrong!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Katgirl said:

Unfortunately, Anorexia is a serious mental disorder. In a bid to look perfect, and have their idea of the ideal female body, young women literally starve themselves, and yes, some die from the disorder. Until advertisers stop using only super thin models to sell their products, Anorexia will remain a problem.  Advertisers should play to the REAL general public. The reality is that most of us are not rail thin, but rather average, or even above average,  in size. The average dress size for an American woman is 12-14, yet the models who advertise the clothes we wear are no bigger than a size 6. That’s just wrong!

The average size of my circle of friends is 10-12 which is 8-10 USA (according to the chart I looked at lol).

Most anorexics I have met over the years have causes which are more personal. Someone at school made a throwaway comment about their weight which had a lifelong effect, their mother didn't help them with weight but made them feel ashamed of their puppy fat, a strong need for perfection and so many other reasons. I think the fashion industry does have an impact but they aren't the sole reason for eating disorders. 

Either way it's a very sad condition ☹️

1 hour ago, Opah said:

Jumped out of Bed today after a good nights sleep,  got to work a couple hours early looks like a 12 hour day by choice.

I have 50 bucks in my wallet and it is feeling like a menudo day,  Menudo and a carnie asada wet burrito with green sauce ?   Or maybe Steak and shirmp ?  What sounds better guys ?

Hmmm I'm a vegetarian but if I had to eat one it would be the steak 

7 minutes ago, Katgirl said:

I live in CA, and I get real tired of Mexican food. 

Me too Kat! That AND Santa Maria Style BBQ EVERY weekend! I much rather put my tri-tip in a crockpot or use it in a beef stew than bbq it!

• Like 1

Well I sat in line and got my Menudo and Carnie asada wet burrito along with a big bag of chips

So Katgirl is a Calgirl  welcome neighbor , is was born in long beach and the inland empire is as far as i got, basically a mile a year.

Edited by Opah

1 hour ago, Lilley said:

The average size of my circle of friends is 10-12 which is 8-10 USA (according to the chart I looked at lol).

Most anorexics I have met over the years have causes which are more personal. Someone at school made a throwaway comment about their weight which had a lifelong effect, their mother didn't help them with weight but made them feel ashamed of their puppy fat, a strong need for perfection and so many other reasons. I think the fashion industry does have an impact but they aren't the sole reason for eating disorders. 

Either way it's a very sad condition ☹️

I wasn’t implying they were the only reason but they are the environmental cause, Our culture highly emphasizes that being thin is ideal. It is this environmental factor that we can change. The other factors are psychological and genetic. Some girls are perfectionists , and so become anorexic. Others have a need for control, and eating very little is a way they exercise that control. They may have inherited these psychological traits from a parent. The bottom line is that those who suffer from Anorexia require psychiatric treatment. My point is that the fashion industry could possibly help prevent some girls from becoming anorexic, by showing that it’s perfectly OK to be an average sized female, rather than perpetuating the myth that “you can never be too thin!”

1 hour ago, Katgirl said:

I wasn’t implying they were the only reason but they are the environmental cause, Our culture highly emphasizes that being thin is ideal. It is this environmental factor that we can change. The other factors are psychological and genetic. Some girls are perfectionists , and so become anorexic. Others have a need for control, and eating very little is a way they exercise that control. They may have inherited these psychological traits from a parent. The bottom line is that those who suffer from Anorexia require psychiatric treatment. My point is that the fashion industry could possibly help prevent some girls from becoming anorexic, by showing that it’s perfectly OK to be an average sized female, rather than perpetuating the myth that “you can never be too thin!”

Lol - you repeated half of what I said 

6 minutes ago, Lilley said:

6 minutes ago, Lilley said:

Really? I do see you used the word perfection…. Otherwise…..Huh?

Edited by Katgirl

I really need to self motivate,  Just have an issue of getting my motor going most the time. other times I am a dynamo.

It is so frustrating not being able to read labels or see faces, it is a challenge  getting to and from work on bright sun shinny days very hard to see the color pf the light.   Yes it is scary at times.

Lately is has been so easy for me to go from a good motivated mode to a full blown FUBAR mode.

Then there is the lungs getting better, the healing that was to occur as the time passed, get rid of the crap, and the silica shedding the nasty stuff breather was to get easier and the wheezing was to go away.

Seems the harder I work at getting healthier the more shit that is going wrong.  This is where that nico-deamon sneaks its nasty head in and starts the whispering, hell if you are going to feel like shit when you are not smoking why quit? remember how good that morning smoke felt with that hoy cup of coffee in the early morning mist.

I come to my senses and evict the little ass hole out of my thoughts.

My head and heart are clearing,  the cause of my blues has left and my emotions are stabilizing.    I have to get back to this meat eating  rabbit   Diet  Meat meat and more meat chased down by a shit load of Carrots, Celery, Lettuce  ect. Guess I am just pissed at my self and that Radiates to all around me  Broke from this diet and gained all the weight I had lost back  3 months of hard loss gone in 3 weeks   I know it is going to be twice as hard to loose that weight again meaning a stricter diet.  Getting ready to put our little gym back together and maybe we will use it more this time. 

I guess there is a bit of turmoil in the Family, my wife's mom fell and couldn't get up and was on the ground all night until she was found in the morning, she wasn't wearing her life alert pendant.  It shook her up really bad and she's having a hard time getting back into being able to care for her self.  My eye treatment got postponed for 20 days due to an emergency surgury my eye doc had to do,  yes I know it sounds selfish  but I am so tiered of not being able to see.

Did you hear that !  The Wammbilence it coming to take me away haha hoho hehe to the whiners farm.

Thank you for the Vent it helped the veggies go down, can't have a spoon full of sugar no more

image.png.988c84f5cbe85cfc27b38e75a8625b6c.png

• Sad 1

@Opah I can so relate to what you are saying. But I remember well what you told me when I was feeling that way. Remember there is always someone who has it worse than us. So hang in there and vent all you want!!! Some one once told me its ok to sit on the pity pot  for a bit but don't forget to get up and flush.Be Happy GIF by memecandy

• Like 1