Thinking about life

Linda

Spent the afternoon with my dear friend who is sick, it always makes me sad. Life just does not seem fair sometimes. But then no one have ever promised it will be.I do enjoy spending time with her. But I do know when I leave it could be the last time I see her. I always come home feeling pretty useless and sad. But I know for sure remember to tell the people you love and care about how important they are to you, because tomorrow is never promised to any of us. Life can change in a second.😞😞 

• Like 7

We all had a birthday.  Wouldn't be here otherwise.

Death is inevitable.  Sad but true.

It's what you do with the interval between that really matters.

• Like 7

I too lost my wonderful friend of over 60 years ...and miss her greatly ....

I take some comfort remembering all the great times we shared growing up together ...

The laughs ....the sad times ....but most of all the love we shared .....❤️

• Like 5

I spent my career taking care of dying Cancer patients. Ironically, it did not make me sad. I felt honored to care for folks at the end of their lives. I made it a point to treat them as vital living beings. I liked to make them laugh, if I could. Death is the end for us all, and , as I inch closer to my own, I am keenly aware of how fleeting life is. It is why I quit smoking. I want as much time as I can get with my new love, and with my growing brood of grandchildren. Lucky number 13 is in the pipeline….😁

• Like 5

Care takers are very special people, Minus the political BS about Chain I really like their pay forward  programs,  one cares for the elderly while young and earns hours for themselves to be cared for when they are elderly.  wow OK maybe not China, seems they are just scamming the elderly.  Well who ever it is seems like a great Idea, earn care hours doe doing care hours.    Katgirl you deserve the same huge Thank you that the Men and woman of our armed forces get

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Opah said:

Care takers are very special people, Minus the political BS about Chain I really like their pay forward  programs,  one cares for the elderly while young and earns hours for themselves to be cared for when they are elderly.  wow OK maybe not China, seems they are just scamming the elderly.  Well who ever it is seems like a great Idea, earn care hours doe doing care hours.    Katgirl you deserve the same huge Thank you that the Men and woman of our armed forces get

@Opah welcome back we missed you

• Like 1

This is one of those fuzzy mornings woke up a couple hours later than normal, slept well with a all night dream ( it was a very good dream)

Got to work and hour early so my co worker could head out and he sat around for an hour ?  (Guess I wont make the effort next time).

Just really in a gray zone today, and for Opah gray is not a good thing.

This is where I open My tool bag and reminisce  on great advice given in the past.. I do not want this day to go to the Dark side..  Think Happy thoughts

My apologies  but this really picks me up

• Like 2

My life is in a good spot but its is those I love that are having it ruff. My wife's mother fell and wasn't wearing her life alert, My mom fell the next day, both got some medical issues going on, some my wife is over there and i am over here,   Got my Game Warden gig coming up this Tues thru Thurs and after that 10 day up in northern ca at the Ranch.

U wont be hunting this time, my eye are just not good enough, so its a Ranch Hands stay for me this time.

Nothing Dire or deadly just worry sum stuff, so I am going to thank God for all the good in my life ask for assistance for my loved ones and in God I trust.

OK this one is cuter

This one is for Jill and Doreen

So much happiness out there if we just look !

Edited by Opah
  • Like 5

There is too much Good, Beauty and wonder in this world to waste it with anger, hate and being mean,  I have always been empathetic , when little I could see when someone was sad and was the first to give some one a hug.  Their smile in return was the golden reward I received,   I learned to fight Defending those who were being picked on,  and I still felt bad having to beat up a bully .

I ;love the Sphere  I have wrapped my self in, its warm and soft, full of Kind words and encouragement.  It is so rewarding when kind words and       appreciation are returned to you.

Want to make your day, Be kind and watch the kindness spread and grow.

• Like 5

@Opah Those are beautiful, gave me goose bumps listening. I have heard to be humble is to remain teachable and  there is always something to learn

You are so inspirational!!!

• Like 1

I believe we all have angels watching over us. In my case, I like to think that it is my great great Aunt Ellen, or Aunty, as we knew her. Aunty came here from Ireland as a teenager, and the desire of her heart was to be a nun. But God had other plans for her. Her sister and brother- in- law, who had 5 children, died within months of each other.  So, she gave up her dream of serving God, and  took on the responsibility of raising their children. When my grandmother (one of those children) grew up, and gave birth to my Dad, long after his father abandoned her, Aunty helped raise him, too. My Dad credited her with teaching him to be a good man.  My Dad gave me her name, as my middle name, so I am Kathleen Ellen. Aunty lived to be near 90. I remember visiting with her, as a girl. She gave me my first set of Rosary beads. So, I have always thought that it is Aunty, who is my Guardian Angel, who watches over me, from Above.

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 7

My Father knew his angels before he past, he had a couple one was a kid he pulled out of a truck that flipped off of a bridge and landed on its roof, My dad pulled him out and got him breathing again, the kid died a couple weeks later from  complications.

Telly was my moms advocate to God, he saw things and practiced healing described what my dads angles looked like.

when my mom told my dad he said one was the kid. 

As a Family we have been blessed, believe me we have had our share of grief and hard times, but we always work thru it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Opah said:

My Father knew his angels before he past, he had a couple one was a kid he pulled out of a truck that flipped off of a bridge and landed on its roof, My dad pulled him out and got him breathing again, the kid died a couple weeks later from  complications.

Telly was my moms advocate to God, he saw things and practiced healing described what my dads angles looked like.

when my mom told my dad he said one was the kid. 

As a Family we have been blessed, believe me we have had our share of grief and hard times, but we always work thru it.

@Opahyou are truly blessed and are so spiritual ,your words are so beautiful