Q and A day

Abby

Q When it comes to your quit what type of person do you want to be ?  

A I wanted to be a happy quitter because all the tries before I was a miserable quitter with a miserable attitude . 

Q Are you here to dig in and get the job done or is it your first attempt at quitting hoping to get the job done ? Are you here on your umpteenth time trying thinking one of these times it will stick but wondering what you can do differently or feeling your different or are you comfortable with just trying so you can smoke ?

Ya I thought I was different .. way more stress than most . Wrong ! We all have stress and all is valid to you . 

Are you doing the locomotion ( just doing the motions) for company because you are lonely , or to please others , or for company benefits , better insurance ? 

I tried quitting for years to please others . It never pleased others until I realized it wasn't my job to keep people happy. That's their job as it was mine . Change the things you can , not change others to fit the plan . 

No better benefits will you ever receive for yourself and your family than when you quit . It more than money ! It's something words just can not express . 

Are you just about at the point of giving up ready to hang up your conductors hat ?

A did many times. Day three multiple times and at a hundred days I almost lost it , then three years in .  My worst time for one whole day was at eight years quit .

So , 28 years of smoking ...  hey ... quitting was way easier than that .

Four seasons , just one year and four days in seven years is all I've thought about smoking . Yes year one was hard but it is doable ... there are many who can tell you st on this site .  In two years I've not had a moments thought to smoke even in my most stressful days .  Will I ? Don't know but I do know I have resources tools education and strength not to . 

Q What's your thinking . Does your thinking move you forward to the place you want to be or back to going no where sitting on the tracks ? Trains only go off their track at main train stations where the control room people work with the conductors and ground workmen working the switches help them to get on their way safely. 

A I have back up . A quit site , support and self control . Cigarettes don't control me like they used too . Cravings don't  dictate my day or choose my direction . 

I came with the attitude of getting the job done . I tried multiple times to please others with no real commitment , I cried every day three when it got hard and to relax eve that anxiety and that hurt I smoked .  I resisted success because it was my nature to be a failure . Many of us think we are failures before we even quit . 

Q Do you come with determination or just a flicker of hope ? Either WILL produce a successful quit because you are every part of this trains crew that can make this a successful journey for you . 

I came with hope only the size of an eye of a needle . The smallest of seeds can produce the best fruit , the loveliest flowers or the most magestic tree when it's loved nurtured , fed and cared for . 

Just grateful for these thoughts and reflections on my quit this morning . I hope you can look at your quit today in a way that's positive and that it will move you to be stronger or to be more grateful or to just press on today and keep the faith in yourself and your quit .

Take the train , it's a beautiful trip . Leave your baggage or bring it along  , it's up to you but it's only a day trip , tomorrow will take in some different scenery and have a new adventure . 

Life is good , the world is beautiful without smoking in it .

Experience it . You won't regret it . 

Abby 

No idea where I should have posted this , hope it's ok here or let me know and I'll learn where things should eventually go lol .  Please add any Q and A about your journey you'd like to share . It matters not how long you have quit because each persons ride and experience is unique and I learn as others do something new every day . Sharing is helpful but not necessary . To us all you matter no matter where we are in our journey . It keeps us all riding the rails . 

If you aren't comfortable posting , that is ok too . 

Q Anyone have a favorite version of orange blossom special ? 

A ?

• Like 6