Update

22h09 - I put the last one out at 21h30 Central African time. I got a little inebriated (tipsy) because I'm not going to be having alcohol for a while. I guess it was a bit like having my "last supper" BUT I'm good and I feel positive. I've been preparing for this. 

Right now my mouth feels lovely.  Miswak toothpaste has a yummy liquorice flavour. Have a lovely evening or day wherever you are beautiful souls. I'll be sticking close. I don't always post, but I read every. single. little. thing.

I'll be sleeping soon. Gym first thing in the morning.

Keep strong Gus. 

Luffs and hugs xx

• Like 7

Way to go Peachfuzz.  Stay confident and know you can do this.  Stay focused on the prize (A Life Free Of Smoking) and don't look back.  Make the forum your new addiction.  We are here to hold you up and help you through you journey.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. Today wasn't the easiest. I didn't have any nicotine cravings but I did have a bit of an altercation with a family member who is quitting both nicotine and MJ. They chose this to be their day 1 too. 🙄🙄🙄I'm not sure if that's the best idea but I will be sure to tread carefully tomorrow and not upset them. This was quite unsettling emotionally but this is life and putting a rolled up thing with bits in your mouth and putting fire to it won't change a darn thing. 

At 15hoo I just couldn't focus on anything more and I felt SO tired. It's quite cold today so it was good to get in to bed. Fell asleep straight away and slept for an hour. 

I'm really pleased I'm not wanting it. Oh and I had a peppermint chocolate and put a tsp of sugar in my chai latte.  This is not like me, I'm more of a savoury person,  but it's all good. 

In about 4 hours it will be day one dusted. Already I can feel my breathing is a lot easier and deeper. In my soul I feel happy. 

@Mee This forum is definitely my new addiction xx

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, PeachFuzz said:

In about 4 hours it will be day one dusted. Already I can feel my breathing is a lot easier and deeper. In my soul I feel happy. 

This is awesome @PeachFuzz!!! Breathe!!!! Just breathe!!!! It feels so wonderful! 🙂 Keep close to us! We’ve got you!!!! Hoping tomorrow is even better for you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glad you're listening to your body @PeachFuzz and giving it what it needs (sugar). It's hard at work repairing the damage smoking caused so if it needs fluids, drink. Sweets, have a candy, etc... :) 

• Like 4

Hey you guys,  it's nearly 8 days. On Monday night I felt very triggered and the urge was strong but I rode the wave. This evening I felt stressed, irritable, angry and depressed all rolled into one. And my sleep is inconsistent. Sometimes great, sometimes terrible and my weight is up. I confess i have been eating more but ive been exercising loads too. Maybe my muscles are holding water.  This is driving me crazy as I'm very weight conscious.  Either way I'm not going back to smoking. I'll just need to ride it out. 

Don't get me wrong I'm over the moon and super pleased but my joy is gone at the moment. Hopefully it will be back soon. Hope you are all doing great. Love you all. 

• Like 5

Yea @PeachFuzz, congrats on eight days quit! Everything you're experiencing is normal and won't last forever so take it in stride because the only way past it is through..............And don't worry about any weight gain, that's for down the road when your quit is secure :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PeachFuzz said:

my weight is up. I confess i have been eating more but ive been exercising loads too. Maybe my muscles are holding water.  This is driving me crazy as I'm very weight conscious.  

You have quit smoking.  You are exercising.  You're doing the right things.  My advice: don't sweat the numbers on the scale.

Good work PeachFuzz.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PeachFuzz said:

Either way I'm not going back to smoking. I'll just need to ride it out.

So true.  Smoking is not an option.   Keep up the great work,, PeachFuzz.  You will be glad you did.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PeachFuzz said:

my joy is gone at the moment.

It comes and goes. Today for me is no joy. I need to dig deep and find it. I know it’s there. I’m just very tired right now. I will let her shine tomorrow. I know others on here say the mental battle is a long one and is a hard fight and I get that. Today is just a pull the blanket over my head and forget the world exists kind of day. I haven’t wanted to smoke to make it better but my anxiety levels are through the roof. Not as bad as when I initially quit, but close. Y’all send me some happy thoughts and say a prayer for me. 
You are doing great! @PeachFuzz I remember my 8th and 9th days! Whew! Glad they are behind me. I have enjoyed following your quit and I think that you are doing very well. Keep doing what you’ve been doing and get the worst of the mental anguish out of the way. Then you can tackle all of the other stuff with a ‘you ain’t got nothing on me’ attitude because I kicked nicotine’s butt! LOL 🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1