Weather the storm . Seek the lighthouse. Change actions .

Abby

Just a reminder myself and for all .

When does the load get so heavy you crash ? Do you give in . No . 

You don't have to like how things are. You can feel like the pain is unbearable , you can be completely alone in life's trials and you can feel like smoking will help , but smoking won't make anything better . SmokIng won't change a dang thing .

Smoking is the wrong action to take . 

No matter where you are in your quit day 1 or 10,001  if you give addiction permission it will take that thought and run with it so just remember smoking is not the answer . Never Ever . 

Distract , delay , discuss , take deep breathes , drink water , don't smoke , don't give up . Do something different , do keep the faith , do  post , don't smoke . 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, Abby said:

Just a reminder myself and for all .

When does the load get so heavy you crash ? Do you give in . No . 

You don't have to like how things are. You can feel like the pain is unbearable , you can be completely alone in life's trials and you can feel like smoking will help , but smoking won't make anything better . SmokIng won't change a dang thing .

Smoking is the wrong action to take . 

No matter where you are in your quit day 1 or 10,001  if you give addiction permission it will take that thought and run with it so just remember smoking is not the answer . Never Ever . 

Distract , delay , discuss , take deep breathes , drink water , don't smoke , don't give up . Do something different , do keep the faith , do  post , don't smoke . 

^^^^^^This ^^^^^^

Great post ....Even now I never get complacent.....and Guard my Quit ....

• Like 7

I think guarding our quits is just something that serious quitters naturally do. 

We know the inherent danger being a nicotine addict. We've seen too many fall back to their slavery to nicotine just because they decided to have 'just one'. 

I know I have that natural instinct to be protective of what I built through my own quit but I don't really think about it consciously each day. I just do it ... every day. Kind of like getting dressed in the morning.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that you newer quitters will end up in the same position if you persevere. A place where protecting your quit just comes naturally to you because you value your freedom from nicotine's control!

• Like 4