Just got another tooth extraction and partials.

Many of us past smokers are paying the price with the damage that occurred to our teeth and gums.  Not only did I throw good money away on cigarettes, the diamonds I always dreamed my husband would give me, are in my mouth, instead of around my fingers or neck.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

On 4/24/2021 at 11:18 PM, Mee said:

Many of us past smokers are paying the price with the damage that occurred to our teeth and gums.  Not only did I throw good money away on cigarettes, the diamonds I always dreamed my husband would give me, are in my mouth, instead of around my fingers or neck.  

My former dentist(he retired last year)had photos of his son and daughter the day they graduated from college on the wall in the reception area.  With the amount of money I spent in there, I couldn't help but feel like I helped put those kids through school.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I’ve probably spent as much or more on dentist than on doctors.   Root canals, crowns, skin grafts, extractions when the tooth failed anyway.   Also have two implants on which sits a 3 tooth bridge, plus a traditional bridge on the opposite side

When the implants were placed, I had to wait about 5 months for gums and jaw to heal before the bridge was put in, during which I had only one lower molar to chew/grind food with.   Smoked through the whole process though.   You’d think I’d have given serious thought to quitting then, but I didn’t.

I inherited bad teeth from parents.  Throw in long term effects of chemotherapy PLUS smoking, all combined to ruin my dental health.

So, yet another way to save money by quitting.

• Like 6

Didn't know we were posting photos.   Ok here is a model of mine (not a model from my mouth), I have two implants and on those implants sits a 3 tooth bridge exactly as shown below.   Not shown, the implant is anchored in the jaw.

IMG_0017.jpg.5c376d6246ef0728b6b2bed51729f06a.jpg

• Sad 3