Hi new here and not doing well

Dianne

What a great update @Dianne😊 I'm so glad your health is improving, what a great incentive to keep going😊

Ignore those negative people in your life, and continue doing things your way because clearly its working🤗🤗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So awesome to hear Dianne.  Isn't it wonderful just to be able to take a long deeeeep breath without wheezing or coughing.  You're doing great with the walks.  It used to be a motivation for me to run 5 houses down the street without someone calling the paramedics on me (Hello, somebody appears to be dying on the street in front of my house).

Please stay vigilant and guard your quit.  It's when we start to feel slightly comfortable that the addiction ambushes you.

Edited by d2e8b8
  • Like 5

Day 29....currently suffering the thought of....no...wait wait wait a minute....mosquitoes never liked me before?? Always prided myself that I was not the one mosquitoes went after.....always it was my daughter and mom they go after as I sat around...walked around oblivious to their attentions.......well guess who back on the menu as a non-smoker......me lol dang it!  

• Haha 3

Dianne,

So glad to see how well you are doing. The day I joined, yours was the first post I read, and I was genuinely scared for you. Like you, I have been taking several walks around the ranch each day. We are on 16 acres, so I don’t even have to leave the property to have a nice long walk. I am trying to eat healthier, too. Maybe not healthier, but less, and less junk food. I am trying to preemptively avoid weight gain. Quitting cigarettes has given me more energy, though it may just be nervous energy, but I will take it. Like you, anxiety has been a problem, but one I have always dealt with, though it’s worse than normal, right now. I am hopeful I will get back to my normal anxious self. 😁Keep up the good work. You inspire me.

Kat

• Like 4

Thank you Katgirl! Not going to lie I was scared too. You in a good place to be for quitting there a number of us here within those first days, weeks months and year. I take great courage from them.... their journey and all the longer quitters here who offer their experience and wisdom. Like you I made and am making small changes to my choices for my health (Rome was not built in a day) Those choices and changes really are paying off and helping. My blood pressure the last few days has stayed consistently within the ideal range (I am super stoked about that) to all those here who fight anxiety, depression and who got on the quit train ....who fight and fought your way through....I have such mad respect for you....truly warriors one and all. This is not easy and it is down right hard and scary at times. How great there is a place like this where we can draw courage from one another and just say out loud when we struggling that we are struggling. :)

• Like 4

Day 33 really want a cigarette today. Has been a good day...there no reason to be wanting one....feeling better than I have in sometime and here I am wanting a cig......just to go sit out back ..light one up ...not going to...just going to blow a few or more breaths out and in ...ugh it a window licking kind of day! 

squirrel me.png

• Like 5

Diane trust that it will get better!! I have had many of them days. Infact  I had one last night. But it gets easier to let them craves pass. You are doing great. Keep up the good work

Edited by Linda
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Dianne, I'm so glad to see that even though you want one you're not going to. That's how successful quits are made. We can acknowledge that we want one but nothing will stop us from keeping our quits.

Be proud of yourself and I hope your tomorrow is better for you🤗

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dianne, nicotine is insidious. It finds ways to attack when you least expect it.  30+ days and you start to feel a little bit comfortable and it will seize that opportunity.  Stay alert and on guard.

The good thing is that every time you win, you become a bit stronger and it becomes a bit weaker.  I used to visualize hitting the craving with a hammer sometimes even shouting 'Die Craving Die".

• Like 5

Day 37 - Have not been able to play my silly little game food truck chef since I quit.....well at least not to the level I did before my quit....cannot beat or even match my score/time on the game now lol....whelp that going to be what that going to be...in good news I did put away at last the pad of paper I was keeping on the kitchen counter to keep track of every thing...literally everything.... mom's medicines and time....my one cat's meds and feedings for them....my own stuff....I had to make a complete check list of everything to get through the days....I could not think or concentrate what so ever....so the pad is gone (by a week now)...that makes me feel a little more confidant that I can manage again :) 

• Like 6

Great to hear, Diane. As I mentioned before, your initial post was the first one I read here. When I checked and saw that you were still here, and hadn’t picked up a cigarette, I knew I could do it, too. So, thank you for your commitment to yourself, and this community. We are both living proof that this forum works. 😊❤️

KAT

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Dianne said:

Was not sure where to put this so I guess right here will do....for whoever needs this today :) 

Kick.jpg

My daughter and granddaughter loved Judy Blume books.  Great words for quitters!

• Like 4

Day 40 - Who are you and what have you done with Dianne?? Dianne who use to hate to exercise and always joked she needed a drill sergeant to drag her out of bed to exercise.....Dianne who had no energy ....who is this Dianne who getting up early to walk at 6:30 am because she does not want to miss out on it from the heat.....this Dianne who eating chia seeds, Greek yogurt, beets, power greens ect ect instead of chips ....this Dianne who doing online fat burning work outs and ab work outs.....and looking forward to doing them....I liking this Dianne...I liking this new adventure.....I liking my new found breath and sense of well being....I sorry if I make this sound easy...it is not and I have had my struggles and some really bad scary moments.....so yes it is hard... it can be hard but it also can be incredibly good and freeing ...if you here and thinking of quitting and see my words....it not all bad when you quit nor does it have to be....take stock of the good....take stock of hope ...yes educate yourself (there is a huge selection of information here...yay to learning all we can to free ourselves)  but also spend sometime here playing too....there games....videos...ways to socialize and there even a confession thread lol

• Like 8

@Dianne This is just wonderful! A truly happy post from a happy person. A warrior. A conqueror. You should be so very proud of yourself because I am! So many of us are! Keep up the great work because there is is no stopping you now! 🤗 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1