Thought for the day

Linda

2 hours ago, Kris said:

Just another thought, Having one of those nights I can't sleep so I will be sick tomorrow with a migraine. Wish Linda was up with some soothing words of relaxation. I will just have to wait.  I wish (NOT) that I had enough strength to go buy smokes. Sorry for that one, just having a bad day/night that makes the craves creep up.  I really want that feeling to go away. I have been able to handle it well but the last few days have been hard.  Just stupid to think that something I did for 40 years would go away without any problems.  I will keep on with my quit because I do not have a choice. I think it would be easy if I was not alone in my head all the time. Just have to work thru it...

K

Sorry your having a bad night Kris. You are amazing!! Stay close to the train buddies.

Hope you can rest today

• Like 1

Thanks Linda, I needed that! I am so glad someone is out there, I will probably crash soon after being up all night.  Just took some medication that may make me sleepy but I am not counting on it.

Hope you rested well last night. I have been missing my thought for the day. It really does help to keep me positive. I have been struggling with cravings the last few days and need people like you to keep me strong.  I have some dates coming up for people I have lost, birthdays and death days.

I think that is playing into the sleep and craving thing.

K

• Like 3

I can see through drapes that the sun is rising (they turn a lovely yellow/orange color) at sunrise.  That means we have survived another day without smoking.  How are you feeling?  Is you fever gone and the aches and pain? I must admit that I have had a bunch of stuff delivered so I dont have to go out. I was planning on going to the pharmacy today for a flu and shingles vaccination but I think I will wait until tomorrow. 

K

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Kris said:

I can see through drapes that the sun is rising (they turn a lovely yellow/orange color) at sunrise.  That means we have survived another day without smoking.  How are you feeling?  Is you fever gone and the aches and pain? I must admit that I have had a bunch of stuff delivered so I dont have to go out. I was planning on going to the pharmacy today for a flu and shingles vaccination but I think I will wait until tomorrow. 

K

My fever is down, that's good aches and pain are still there and tired and no energy.I'm on the mend

I think thanks

• Like 2

You're doing great @Kris and everything you're feeling is completely normal for where you are in your quit, including the insomnia. Luckily it's all temporary and soon hopefully you'll be sleeping like a baby 🤗

PS, glad you continue to get better @Linda🤗

• Like 1

A woman finally divorces her abusive husband and decides she's ready to date again. She places a personal add in the newspaper asking for a man who would never lay a hand on her, never walk out on her, and be good in bed.

A week goes by when the woman hears her door bell ring... She answers the door and sees a man without arms or legs. She asks how she can help him. He replies that he is answering her add from the paper.

Woman says: but you have no arms.
Man says: I'll never lay a hand on you.

Woman says: but you have no legs.
Man says: I'll never walk out on you.

Woman says: But without any arms or legs how will you be good in bed?
Man says: How do you think i rang the doorbell?

• Haha 5

How you begin your day

can make it or break it

you attitude and your actions

have a strong effect on your

whole day begin with a smile

a calmness of mind and a

heart filled with gratitude

a positive mindset that its

going to be a wonderful day

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@Linda I just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful thread. 

I've had a very difficult few weeks but I've read your contributions on here every single day. These posts have got me through some very dark times and I'm not sure you know just how special these postings are.

Thanks for bringing hope when sometimes it felt there was none ♥️♥️♥️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lilley said:

@Linda I just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful thread. 

I've had a very difficult few weeks but I've read your contributions on here every single day. These posts have got me through some very dark times and I'm not sure you know just how special these postings are.

Thanks for bringing hope when sometimes it felt there was none ♥️♥️♥️

@Lilley Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoy the post,  its good to know there helping

someone. Hope things get better for you!!!  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Linda said:

We are not defeated

until we give up

on ourselves

Obviously you never had a Grandmother that was an expert with a willow switch or a Grandfather Pro with an uglystick !

Edited by Opah

2 minutes ago, Opah said:

Obviously you never had a Grandmother that was an expert with a willow switch or a Grandfather Pro with an uglystick !

@Opah   No I didn't. Both my grandparents passed when I was young. So I didn't know either.

Always felt I missed out on that.