Hello - new here... again?

Hello! So, I was a smoker in my 20s, quit for 7yrs, picked it back up with a smoker boyfriend 5yrs ago. Smoked another year. Then hated that I got hooked on again, went to vaping to taper down. Vape would break and would use cigarettes in the interim, back and forth between vape and cigs since then and now I'm just done with both. I developed a fun condition called globus and I know that's my body's way of saying, ok you're done, lady. Who wants to feel like they're choking all the time? So here I am. Used a forum like this (I dont know if it was this one back then) to quit those 7yrs and it provided a lot of help to stay away so I'm doing it again. :) I am what I consider a light smoker - about 4-5/day, cig use is far less than what I was taking vaping. I only smoke at night mostly, and can easily get through my 10hr work day without, so I hope this quit wont be too bad.  Here we gooooooooo!!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard the Quit Train Magicalwoodpecker.

10 minutes ago, magicalwoodpecker said:

I am what I consider a light smoker - about 4-5/day, 

The number we're aiming for is 0 per-day.  Quit math is different than regular math: 0>5.

14 minutes ago, magicalwoodpecker said:

I only smoke at night mostly

You're already halfway there.  Now, just go all-in and you will be free from the smokes for good.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard ...

Take time to read all you can here ...

A great place to start is our Main Smoking Thread ...you,ll find alot if useful posts to get you on your way.

We have some great Newbies ,so your not alone ...

Looking forward to getting to know you better ...😁

Welcome Magicalwoodpecker,  Good decision to quit.  No matter how much you smoke a day, it is detrimental to your health.  If you can get through most of the day without smoking, you certainly can carry that through night time.  Hang around, educate yourself and get to know us.  You can do this.

• Like 1

Welcome to Quit Train MWP!

You're right. Joining a forum like this for support is a great help. No one knows quitting like other quitters!

I don't have any experience with vaping but I know you can adjust the nicotine content so not sure what you were using there but in the end, nicotine addiction is the same no matter what the delivery device. There's a wealth of information here along with a whole library of videos addressing every aspect of nicotine addiction and quitting. Knowledge is power! You'll also have a ton of non-judgmental support here :) 

• Like 2

Hello how are you doing? Quitting is never easy is it, we all know that we have been where you are, in fact I must be someone here who had the most failed quits ever. But the most important thing is that you keep quitting, you keep telling yourself that you can do it, I personally feel that vaping is still smoking, I hear people saying I quit smoking and a I vape, errr you are still smoking by the way, you are still inhaling something into your lungs. So when you are ready, mentally tell yourself this is it, chuck away everything smoke related. My downfall was I always kept one hidden, just in case you know, but that should have told me the addiction was still in control. The day I stopped I lit a cigarette and nearly coughed my lungs up, I was actually heaving whilst smoking, I  mean how sad is that! So give yourself a good kick and tell yourself you are worth stopping smoking, don't let the addiction be stronger than you.

• Like 2