The struggle is bad tonight

Linda

10 hours ago, jillar said:

No, I don't struggle at all. And I never want one anymore. I do still rarely have a trigger come up that makes a smoking thought pop up but its easily swatted away. 

I quit for health reasons too and even wrote a "poor me everyone else can smoke and I can't" thread on another forum around my six month quit mark. And the good people of the forum talked me down and made me realize they didn't GET to smoke, they HAD to smoke! I had my freedom back and from then on it was easier 😊

I hear you. I haven't verbalized that but sometimes I think it. The poor me had to stop for health reasons but other people can still smoke. When I see people outside smoking sometimes I say to myself 'They are so lucky they can smoke'. This is one terrible horrible addiction. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Barb63 said:

I hear you. I haven't verbalized that but sometimes I think it. The poor me had to stop for health reasons but other people can still smoke. When I see people outside smoking sometimes I say to myself 'They are so lucky they can smoke'. This is one terrible horrible addiction. 

That thought you have can soon turn into 'Those poor addicts, still smoking. I'm so glad I'm no longer chained to my addiction!'

I'm serious, This is how I was looking at other smokers within months of quitting.

I think it kind of goes like this: romancing smoking will lead you back to it. Realizing that smoking never did one good thing for you will reaffirm your passion for quitting and set you free forever!

• Like 4