First smoke free vacation...

Nosnhoj

So tomorrow I fly to Costa Rica for a week. I plan to spend my days hiking and scuba diving - and doing it all smoke free. I'm traveling with non smokers, so I figure I won't have any "opportunities" for that blasted peer pressure to sneak up on me.

The good news is that I really haven't had any desire at all to smoke since my quit - and a change of scenery for a week shouldn't make any difference.

I have every intention to have some food in my belly, sun on my skin, a few pictures, and another week smoke free upon my return.

G

• Like 2

Have a great time, No! Flying is so much more enjoyable when you don't have to run around like a nut looking for a smoking section....LOL. I know. I just flew down to Georgia last Saturday (first time I flew since I quit), and it was soooooo much better! ;) :)

• Like 1

So tomorrow I fly to Costa Rica for a week. I plan to spend my days hiking and scuba diving - and doing it all smoke free. I'm traveling with non smokers, so I figure I won't have any "opportunities" for that blasted peer pressure to sneak up on me.

The good news is that I really haven't had any desire at all to smoke since my quit - and a change of scenery for a week shouldn't make any difference.

I have every intention to have some food in my belly, sun on my skin, a few pictures, and another week smoke free upon my return.

G

That sounds like a wonderful vacation.  I would not want to be a scuba diver and smoke.  I've never done it, but my brother does and he smokes like a chimney.

Have a safe trip and hope to see some pics on your return.  :)

• Like 1

That sounds like a wonderful vacation.  I would not want to be a scuba diver and smoke.  I've never done it, but my brother does and he smokes like a chimney.

Have a safe trip and hope to see some pics on your return.  :)

I'm actually looking forward to diving now that I've quit. My dive computer tracks air consumption, I'm hoping it shows me exactly what I'm feeling.

• Like 2

I think going on the first vacation as a nonsmoker is a big milestone. There are so many positives to vacationing as a nonsmoker, much less hassle. When I went away over Christmas I did have some smoking thoughts but I was very proud to overcome these and come home as a nonsmoker

• Like 2

I'm actually looking forward to diving now that I've quit. My dive computer tracks air consumption, I'm hoping it shows me exactly what I'm feeling.

You've got this.  Two things come to my mind though.  I need to go diving now and see if I can not go through a tank of air in less than 30 minutes.  I could never decide whether it was because I sucked air in far too deeply and often or whether it was because I seriously like to play with my BC.  I inflate and deflate constantly.  I think I have a bit of ADHD.

Also, how did we smoke on a dive boat?  There are oxygen tanks strapped all over it!!!!!

Glad you are not smoking.  Let me know what your computer says about your air consumption.

Sounds like you have  a really strong quit!  I hope you have a great time on your vacation and look forward to seeing some pics!  (I have never been anywhere like that so I will enjoy your photos tremendously!!)