Here's to another beautiful smoke free day

Opah

The world is a much better place ....

When your not seeing it through smokers eyes ....it smells much better too....

I can still remember the first time my nose came alive ,and I could smell that fresh cut grass...

I had been nose blind for 52 years 🐸

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Opah said:

Love that song Warms my heart and sends chills down my spine.

Yes today for me Ir is a wonderful world, hope it is for you Too!

Oh my Opah I love that song, but it always makes me cry!!!!

• Like 2

Well my smoke free posting people of all creed and color, my Saturday will end in a couple of hours,.  It was a good day positive start to finish, I really enjoy days like this and they seem to be happening more often the longer my quit goes on.

I am sure the is some brain cell awakening that can be cited that enables a more positive thought process as the nicotine sensors shut down and are reclaimed by the brain, I am sure the fact that all the Hairs in my lungs that collect oxygen shedding their tar and chemical coats and are back to collecting oxygen to saturate the brain cells  with the extra oxygen going to the brain and mussels, the extra positive neurons in my brain and the clarity of thought may have something to do with the better mornings.  probably just another conspiracy theory, I just a happy go lucky Guy that loves life right now and that translates into more great positive days.

But out of all of this Ill bet we all can agree on one thing,  Things go better with coke !   No No LOL  when you love the life your in,  life has a tendency to love you back. 

Good night

You do know that smile was a fart !  The Kids got Gas

Edited by Opah

well it is back to the old grind stone,  But it is Friday ! It is not crazy like yesterday and most of the bosses have left doe the day..   So for me it is just getting better and better

Busy month I have in April the 6th thru the 8th Ill be doing my game warden gig and the 13th thru the 22 I'll be out wild boar hunting, wondering the hills and meadows of Parkfield ca.

10 days of Manly bliss and comradery, fresh air and waking to the gobbles of Jake turkeys flying down from there roost.

I hope thr rest of you are having as good a morning as I,  God knows we all can use better times, softer days and more than enough Love to go around.

I have noticed since I decided to provide assistance where I can when ever I see the need

And Karma or kismet or what ever you believe will return your kindness, so far I have seen a reduction a Aholes on the streets and in the markets, I also have learned to smile with my eyes

with the mask thing still going on and the uncertainty of when or if it will stop I was not being effective with my smiling face and nod in passing.

These small jestures, Thank yous and your welcomes do much for the atmosphere a smile 10 X 10 space can turn from dark and gray to light and smilely.

so here is my bestest good morning smile for you all, please pass it on !

image.thumb.png.95f5acd6e798e8ec077309e1b2f36fb8.png

• Like 1

Hot Caffeinated coffee in hand,  all the start up issues taken care of, my crew has settled down and the ax has been put away.

Had a big startle Last night and thank God for giving me back some patience, I almost went off like a roman candle.  Got to bed and started putting my meds together for the week and right there next to my meds is a cigarette !!!  YIKES my heart jumped thru my chest was just getting ready to chew on the wife when on closer look it turned out to be a pen  (white pen brown cap)

Man it took a couple minutes for my heart to return to a normal rhythm and I can not describe how Happy I was that I did not jump all over the wife, I would have really been in the outs with her.  scary how fast that fuse lit and the anger that filled me instantly, yes anger, I was red hot mad how could someone I love try to take away my quit ! 

• Sad 1

Is it just me getting older. or it is all over ?  Holidays ? I just found out Sunday is Easter, and that was only because it shuts down the DC and I have to take care of getting my guys paid.

But I have noticed Christmas, Thanks giving, New years Halloween Just don't mean crap to me.

seems I have been sprogged,  Maybe Holidays are just for those how have kids, younger kids, I mean isn't their excitement what gets us going, ramps every thing up.  Kids are like superchargers of life.  without them its like driving a Desoto 4 banger, no style, no adrenaline rush just getting from A to b.   AHH I hear you what about my Grand kids, ya they are  either at the teen age or New bourns,  so that age of the superchargers isn't represented.  

I guess this is when if you let it life starts to slow down, get quite and stale.  The fact is our bodies do reflect our age,  we break don't bend any more,  moderate exertion brings aches and pains our Medicine cabinets actually have medications in them.

Damn do you hear that ? the whine? this is where my Grandfather would put his 2 cents in with some thing like  You know Boy If you are Board, or feeling down it is because you want to be, otherwise you would get off of your butt and go do something.  Or my Dads Dog poop therapy you board go pick up the dog poop. believe me when you have 4 full grown Germen Sheppard's there is a lot of poop to pick up !

I just now figured it out, it's he Magic that is gone the wonder in their eyes, the I know the Easter bunny is real because he pooped on the porch when he left the baskets., It's their belief in the magic when you don't believe any more the magic can not happen  

Could I Missing out simply because I am to old to believe ant more ?

Is this me flat on my back with no magic left in my heart?

Edited by Opah
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AceWhite said:

Never figured out the connection between bunnies and eggs

Santa was busy so he asked a bunny...😋

Edited by jillar
  • Like 2

Here I am another Saturday at work, started a 6am this morning and will get off at 415pm. no work tomorrow Easter.   I think The wife and I will take a drive to the Beach and ride our bikes down the coast, Have breakfast and then rode from Santa Monica down to  Venice,  walk and shop have lunch and end up Back at Santa Monica  some where around dinner time have some surf and turf.  

Got to be careful and stay on the Bike paths, Can't ride bikes on the streets its illegal could get the Bikes confiscated and end up in Jail.   WHAT, why w  is it illegal ,  its illegal where you live also.  No  want to Bet ?   As far as I know, It has always been illegal to peddle your Butt on the street.    

image.png

Edited by Opah
  • Haha 1

Here it is lunch time, equipment is quitting down, one of my house Ke4epers decided to buy the crew El polo loco for lunch,  Nice lady , we all pitched in to pay her back for her kindness.

I really love a fellow ship of people, young, old, man, woman,  of all color and creed.  Now I am not saying this to appear all sloppy Lovey, 

there are people in this world I despise and would gladly endure they make their appointment with Saint Peter.  But for the most part good people attract good people Motor heads hang with Gear heads and gear heads hang with tech mechs,  bottom line we all turn wrench and love it.

Now the Equipment comes to life and product it racing around the plant and off we go.

I guess that is why we all do so well together here on quit train,  we went from Butt heads to 

Non=smokers, we can go into public without some little snot pinching their nose telling Mommy they stink don't they Mommy and Mommy replies Yes they do baby.

Now being a none smoker is all that I share with people like the above.

Duty calls 

• Like 1

Question?

How many of us have had or are in a career they love ?

Me I was born to turn a wrench, loved mechanical things and then electronic things.

The more complicated the more I knawel on it, now that hanging from some rafters, 

hefting 200 pounds up a couple flights  or running up and down stair cases all day is out of the question I supervise and pass on my knowledge. it has been and still is a wonderful ride, bury me with my proto torque wrench set.

Very few times have I been dissatisfied with my Life, a Plus I have never lived in an apartment always been able to rent a house and then buy. I grew up when Orange County was all farms and strawberry fields, and with Knott's Berry farm just down the road the week ends were filled between surfing, Horse back riding and Knott's berry farm a true California Boy,

Leaving you with this Easter Favorite

Edited by Opah