Beer and smokers

Linda

Linda, you already know what just one will do! Plus I'm pretty sure you're not going to because you posted about it. That shows us that you value yourself and your quit too much to throw it away!

• Like 1

I've been in this situation several times before.  Beer, with friends who smoke, while trying to quit smoking.  I had several short quits before quitting for good and alcohol was part of why I allowed myself to relapse.

You can enjoy situations like this WITHOUT smoking.  Trust me, if you light up, you will regret it.  Keep the quit, Linda.

• Like 2

You will be sure once you get back home and realize you've just gotten through a major trigger and now each one after that will be so much more easy! Trust us on this Linda :) 

15 hours ago, Linda said:

I know, but it seems really good to be out with friends after being cooped up and warm enough to be outside here in Michigan. Just sucks!!!

Linda, concentrate on the good.  We had beautiful weather in Ohio also.  Breath in that fresh air and enjoy finally being outside after the snowy winter we had.  The worst of your quit is really over.  Redirect those old thoughts to something new. 

• Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 3:53 PM, Linda said:

I know, but it seems really good to be out with friends after being cooped up and warm enough to be outside here in Michigan. Just sucks!!!

It sucks that you can't suck poisonous chemicals into your lungs and kill yourself slowly and also stink like an ash tray?

Do you actually read what you're writing?

You need to get your head straight!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

From smokefree.gov

"For many people, alcohol is a trigger that makes them want to smoke. Knowing your triggers can help you stay on track with your quit plan.

Alcohol makes you more likely to do things without thinking them through. This can increase your chances of slipping and smoking a cigarette.

Drinking alcohol is often a social activity. Situations where alcohol is present may also include more smokers. Being around smokers can trigger the urge to smoke. Plan ahead for how you will deal with this trigger if you are around others who are smoking.

It’s a good idea to try to stay away from alcohol in the first few weeks of quitting. Even after the first few weeks, drinking alcohol can make sticking with your quit plan harder. Try to avoid binge drinking and drink moderately if you drink. That means having up to one drink per day for women and up to two drinks per day for men. If you drink, think about doing so with others who will support you in your commitment to staying smoke free."

Here's the link:  https://smokefree.gov/challenges-when-quitting/cravings-triggers/alcohol-smoking

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JimHannoonen said:

It sucks that you can't suck poisonous chemicals into your lungs and kill yourself slowly and also stink like an ash tray?

Do you actually read what you're writing?

You need to get your head straight!

Yep it is kind of hard to write something with out reading it

1 hour ago, BKP said:

From smokefree.gov

"For many people, alcohol is a trigger that makes them want to smoke. Knowing your triggers can help you stay on track with your quit plan.

Alcohol makes you more likely to do things without thinking them through. This can increase your chances of slipping and smoking a cigarette.

Drinking alcohol is often a social activity. Situations where alcohol is present may also include more smokers. Being around smokers can trigger the urge to smoke. Plan ahead for how you will deal with this trigger if you are around others who are smoking.

It’s a good idea to try to stay away from alcohol in the first few weeks of quitting. Even after the first few weeks, drinking alcohol can make sticking with your quit plan harder. Try to avoid binge drinking and drink moderately if you drink. That means having up to one drink per day for women and up to two drinks per day for men. If you drink, think about doing so with others who will support you in your commitment to staying smoke free."

Here's the link:  https://smokefree.gov/challenges-when-quitting/cravings-triggers/alcohol-smoking

Thanks for sharing BKP, not quite as pissy as I was to you before sorry

Edited by Linda
Spelling
  • Like 2