I'm Back.......Again

Lilley

Always open seats on the train Lilley, but please just consider throwing out the smokes right now while you're here and ready. So many people set quit dates and then as the day approaches get cold feet. 

• Like 5

Same here I messed up and embarrassed and mad as hell with myself. I’m getting to the point if total frustration that I can’t focus on anything other than this. I just want this darn thing to be over with so I can move on with my life 

• Like 2

Welcoming back @Ray1198

11 minutes ago, Ray1198 said:

Same here I messed up and embarrassed and mad as hell with myself. I’m getting to the point if total frustration that I can’t focus on anything other than this. I just want this darn thing to be over with so I can move on with my life 

Never be embarrassed to come back but PLEASE use us to help you get through your bad craves BEFORE you cave. We can help redirect you back to your quit if you let us.

And as far as not being able to focus on anything else, that's completely normal in the early part of your quit and probably the most frustrating part of the quit but it does pass with time. Unfortunately the only way past all the crap is to go through it but once through you won't have to do these crappy days ever again 😊

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ray1198 said:

Hi @Ray1198 I saw from your profile you are 10 days quit today so congratulations from me. We will be two weeks apart so will be nice to have you around 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lilley said:

Well here I am again 🙄

I really hope I haven't exhausted my welcome here and can book a seat on the train.

I have set myself a quit date and although I have been here before, I feel like a trembling newbie 😳

Good to see you back...

Never give up giving up....

The same rules apply .....Not one Puff Ever ....

You can do it ....

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lilley said:

Hi @Ray1198 I saw from your profile you are 10 days quit today so congratulations from me. We will be two weeks apart so will be nice to have you around 

Hi Lilley- I wish I was I’m not. I messed up so I need to start again with you. I think we can beat this 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, jillar said:

Always open seats on the train Lilley, but please just consider throwing out the smokes right now while you're here and ready. So many people set quit dates and then as the day approaches get cold feet. 

Hi @jillar It's always lovely to see you. I hear you but spur of the moment never works for me. I have to plan everything like a full military operation 😃

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ray1198 said:

Congratulations on your Quit ....

Believe in yourself ....you can do it ....

Read all you can ...watch Joel's videos .....you fight this Monster with Knowledge.....

Stay close ....people who lost and join in ...are the ones most likely to succeed...

• Like 3

Welcome back Lilley and Ray. 

Sorry to hear you are back to smoking but you can put that behind you for good.

The quit and relapse cycle is hell.  Keep your quit and you will not have to go through this again.  Life as a nonsmoker is worth any early struggles you may have in your quit.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, johnny5 said:

Welcome back Lilley and Ray. 

Sorry to hear you are back to smoking but you can put that behind you for good.

The quit and relapse cycle is hell.  Keep your quit and you will not have to go through this again.  Life as a nonsmoker is worth any early struggles you may have in your quit.

Thank you @johnny5 In hindsight I wish I had just clung tightly to the quit I had. I agree and can honestly say the constant cycle of quitting/relapsing is absolute torture

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lilley said:

Well here I am again 🙄

47 minutes ago, Ray1198 said:

I messed up so I need to start again with you. I think we can beat this 

Lilly and Ray, you are always welcome back.  We are here to encourage you and let you know that you can make it to freedom.  Many of us have had a number of quits before we found success.  Let's finally make this both of your final quits!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Mee said:

Lilly and Ray, you are always welcome back.  We are here to encourage you and let you know that you can make it to freedom.  Many of us have had a number of quits before we found success.  Let's finally make this both of your final quits!

Thank you Mee. Everyone is so lovely here

• Like 3

Welcome back Lilley, like the others have said there is always a seat here on the train. All you have to do is commit to not smoking to purchase a ticket for a ride to a happier and healthier life. Always remember, you are worth it and deserve it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @jillar and @Doreensfree and thank you for thinking of me.

Will be no surprise that I haven't quit. I just don't get how I quit for a year and now I can't quit again. It should be easy considering I've done it before but I just keep putting it off.

I did message Ray to say I won't be able to have a quit buddy. I thought it would help but it made me panic. 

What if my buddy relapsed - would I see it as an excuse to smoke

What if my buddy was having a really miserable day - would it bring down the happy day I might be having

What if my buddy talked constantly about smoking - would I sub-conciously start thinking of smoking even if it hadn't crossed my mind for days

So for me the forum as a whole network is the way forward.

I will join you all again but I have to just find the courage to stop. It's stupid not being able to do it but right now I'm still a full blown nicotine addict - we look for any reason to smoke. I need to find my reason to quit and I will ❤️

Edited by Lilley
  • Sad 2

Thank you Lilley for the update ....

Your post is a good reminder of why we can never ..Just have One ....!!!!

I hope you can soon find the strength to quit again ...as you know ,nothing good ever comes from Smoking ..

We will be here ...when you are ready to rid yourself of this killer addiction ...

Your seat will always be here ....I hope it won't be long ....

As for Ray...smoking is a choice ..

See you soon ...🐸

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lilley said:

now I can't quit again

You can quit again, smoking is a choice. You either choose to smoke or you don't. I just hope you choose to quit before you get a serious smoking related disease.....

• Like 5

Oh Lilly, as long as you concentrate on the "what ifs" and all the excuses why you can't quit, you will never quit.  We will always welcome you back.  We want you to experience the freedom of not being chained to smoking.  We have all been where you are.  You can quit.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lilley said:

I can't quit again. 

There's that word again: "can't."

When you quit telling yourself you can't and get busy figuring out how, you realize some of those mountains were merely molehills.

• Like 7

I'm sorry that you have not been able to quit again!  You quit before for a long time!

You said that you needed to find a reason to quit. Didn't you have reasons for quitting before? Aren't those reasons as valid now as they were before?

I'll try to give you a few that might mean something to you. There are lots of other reasons to quit, but non as important as these!

Smoking kills, on average, 1,200 Americans. Every day.

More people die every year from smoking than from murder, AIDS, suicide, drugs, car crashes, and alcohol, Combined.

Smoking causes heart disease, emphysema, acute myeloid leukemia, and cancer of the mouth, esophagus, larynx, lung, stomach, kidney, bladder, and pancreas.

Smoking also causes reduced fertility, low birth weight in newborns, and cancer of the cervix.

I got this warning off of a pack on Malboro reds.  I keep it close, so I can read it if I need it! 

Big Tobacco was ordered by a federal court to put this on their product. But it really lets Big Tobacco off the hook. It takes the liability off them and puts it squarely on the user.

Just saying!

I hope that you will find your reason and come back here soon!

Take Care! Jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2