Face Pics

PeachFuzz

I was on a support group once before where most people showed their face pics. This support group was for cigarette smokers, drinkers, crystal meth, cocaine, heroin, marijuana, sex, gambling and other very heavy addictions.

I don't see much of that here.

Was just wondering what the reason was. Not here to judge anyone, it was merely an observation.

Studies have shown that people are more likely to engage with people that they can "see"

I include a paragraph  from researchgate.net talking more about how faces engage us.

Photos are becoming prominent means of communication online. Despite photos' pervasive presence in social media and online world, we know little about how people interact and engage with their content. Understanding how photo content might signify engagement, can impact both science and design, influencing production and distribution. One common type of photo content that is shared on social media, is the photos of people. From studies of offline behavior, we know that human faces are powerful channels of non-verbal communication. In this paper, we study this behavioral phenomena online. We ask how presence of a face, it's age and gender might impact social engagement on the photo. We use a corpus of 1 million Instagram images and organize our study around two social engagement feedback factors, likes and comments. Our results show that photos with faces are 38% more likely to receive likes and 32% more likely to receive comments, even after controlling for social network reach and activity. We find, however, that the number of faces, their age and gender do not have an effect. This work presents the first results on how photos with human faces relate to engagement on large scale image sharing communities. In addition to contributing to the research around online user behavior, our findings offer a new line of future work using visual analysis.

5 hours ago, PeachFuzz said:

I was on a support group once before where most people showed their face pics

That is my face. Would you prefer this one?...................

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, jillar said:

That is my face. Would you prefer this one?...................

spacer.png

Haha so cute. My daughter has 2 rabbits, a Netherland Dwarf and a Dwarf Angora. 

They are beautiful but wow as destructive as they come! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PeachFuzz said:

I was on a support group once before where most people showed their face pics. 

We did use to share pictures but some jerk stole my picture off this forum and posted some photoshopped, unsavory pictures of me on instagram.  They then made sure to message me on the forum and directed me to them.   I found it to be very humiliating and frustrating because it seemed impossible to stop them or find the person responsible.  I am sure that was their intent.   I made sure to pull my pictures off the forum and let the administrators know what had happened. I tend to be a little more cautious now.  I can laugh about it now and am only sharing so other realize it could happen to them.   

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, jillar said:

I looked not too long ago @Mee and couldn't find anything so hopefully the guy finally got banned from Instagram and youtube!

I quit looking because I would get so irritated.  My husband and I both tried everyway possible to contact instagram but nothing worked.  We followed all their complaint procedures but they never responded back.  He probably moved on to someone else.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, Mee said:

We did use to share pictures but some jerk stole my picture off this forum and posted some photoshopped, unsavory pictures of me on instagram.  They then made sure to message me on the forum and directed me to them.   I found it to be very humiliating and frustrating because it seemed impossible to stop them or find the person responsible.  I am sure that was their intent.   I made sure to pull my pictures off the forum and let the administrators know what had happened. I tend to be a little more cautious now.  I can laugh about it now and am only sharing so other realize it could happen to them.   

Oh no what an idiot. I'm so sorry. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mee said:

Glad that jerk is out of your life now Linda...

It was a horrible time here....

It made us all uneasy ...I took down all my pics of me and family ...

I left Ted .... my cat.....

Not everyone is a nice person on the web ...❤

• Like 4

9 hours ago, reciprocity said:

You're always nothing but a Star 🌟 in our eyes

4 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

It was a horrible time

9 hours ago, jillar said:

I agree reci. @Mee I'm just glad he's gone or moved on

Yes it was very maddening at the time.  All is well now.  I think it was the feeling of losing control of something again (like smoking).  It finally struck me funny.  I don't look too bad in leather with a whip.  No one would ever believe that would be me😇

• Haha 5

On 3/17/2021 at 3:51 PM, Mee said:

Yes it was very maddening at the time.  All is well now.  I think it was the feeling of losing control of something again (like smoking).  It finally struck me funny.  I don't look too bad in leather with a whip.  No one would ever believe that would be me😇

I'll just call you Mistress Mee from now on and make sure I stay in your good books. Never been one for pain 😜 

Only teasing 😉

Despite I'm sure a very upsetting time, you were the winner. You did not cave and you came out stronger. Good for you!! #powerfulwarriorlady

20210224_144033.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

missed the hassle and dont know who the person was who sent them out publicly....

I did receive a bunch of selfies from Ginger, Horney Toad, Babbles, DD, and really most of the chicks. (I never shared with anyone but Jimmy while riding the bus and occasionally that idiot who drives the trains) 

I would send them back with comments and seemed like we all got along. Horney toad even resent them back with better poses.  I can continue the service if any of the chicks or piggy would like honest feed back to how they look.  Remember your background and lighting when taking the photos. No filters either or its just a waste of time.

• Haha 4