What was your best or worse smoking dream ?

Opah

Dream, a new healthy smoke came out and was all the rave,  But when I watched the people smoking it a snake of smoke came out when they exhaled. Frantically I ran around trying to tell people the smoke was bad but no one would listen.

After a couple of weeks the media started reporting people missing by the thousands, and the rest was me running from the aligns that where harvesting us for slave labor, using the smoke as a mind control.

woke up sweating and tired. 

i think this was from our discussion on the rip off of Jill's AC yesterday and that I was wearing a new CPAP Mask and Machine 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I used to have smoking dreams quite frequently, even after several years of being quit.  I don't remember any lately though.

I don't recall those dreams now but I do remember waking up from several, laying in bed, and trying to figure out if I threw away my quit or if it was just a dream.  It is a relief when I figure out it was just a dream but they can be scary.

• Like 5

I agree with Johnny the ones that you dream that you smoke really can seem real, I have wokw up with my lungs hurting and could still  taste the cigarettes.

Takes a couple of minutes before you realize it was a dream 

• Like 3

Friday will be 14 months no nicotine for me after 34 years of smoking and chewing nicotine gum concurrently for 15 plus of those years - wow! Haven't had a smoking dream in 2-3 months I think, and none so freaky as yours! Basically they are all reminders of how glad I am that I quit, and how disappointed I would feel if I relapsed. Those dreams really hammer it home! Dreams are in lieu of relapses so you are so lucky to dream!

• Like 4

But the worst so far was that I was already 3 days into my relapse before it dawned on me that I had quit smoking and was now 3 days deep into a full-blown relapse! Boy was I ever relieved to wake up.

• Like 4

My best smoking dream came at about three months.  Someone in my dream asked me for a cigarette, "I don't have any, I don't smoke anymore".  My subconscious was giving me some truth to accept.  I was really happy about this dream after I woke up.

• Like 4

On 3/14/2021 at 10:59 AM, johnny5 said:

I used to have smoking dreams quite frequently, even after several years of being quit.  I don't remember any lately though.

I don't recall those dreams now but I do remember waking up from several, laying in bed, and trying to figure out if I threw away my quit or if it was just a dream.  It is a relief when I figure out it was just a dream but they can be scary.

Had the exact same thing happen to me.  Dreams, followed by waking and wondering what I'd done.  Very confusing.

It takes a long time for the subconscious to get on board with what we consciously decide to do.  

Perhaps these dreams are the last vestiges of our identities as smokers?

For me, they started several months after quitting and slowly became less frequent; not that they happened all that often.

• Like 3

Periodically I have smoking dreams. Perhaps it is once every three months. I am still a new nonsmoker, about a year and a month at this point. I quit because of Covid-19. I knew that if I smoked, I'd have less of a chance of survival as a smoker than if I didn't smoke. And the quit stuck, so to speak.

I still have smoking dreams, though. They're not nightmarish, but I've been startled into awakeness. (Is that a word?) There is a fraction of a second where I feel dismay that I smoked, and then I realize it's just a dream and that I didn't smoke. The last time I had a dream was about two months ago. 

It's such a relief to discover that it was just a dream. Then I remind myself how much money I've saved by not smoking, and how many more months or years of life I've saved.

Good luck to  you!

• Like 1

On a side note, I wonder why some people dream and others don't; or at least don't remember dreaming. I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of dreams I've ever had in my life. I think it's like 3? None involved smoking.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't recall smoking ever being a part of my dreams

Last night was different- I somehow ended up with a couple brand new packs of my fav smokes in my hands

I was freaking out- I wanted to smoke one really bad. I was making every excuse in the world to pack 'em and open 'em up

Finally I threw them away-

Didn't smoke one, but that was a stressful dream and pretty vivid

Nice try small fry

Edited by AceWhite
  • Like 2