Headaches!

CarpeLibrum

Hi guys, hope everyone well and still on the road of nope. 

I'm 28 days down on Sunday - and for the past few days have had on and off headaches. Possible sinus related I can't really tell but it's annoying. I thought this was meant to happen when the nicotine leaves physically in the first 72 hours 🙄 I've upped my water intake but anxiety wise I will admit I'm not great - every niggle has me thinking it's the beginning of the end so that doesn't bloody help! 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ Anyone had this experience at this stage of the quit? 

Edited by CarpeLibrum

Hey carpe, its pretty normal after quitting to think every ache or pain is quit related but not everything is quit related. Since its coming up toward Spring I'd be more prone to believe your headaches are weather related. As always though if something is particularly worrisome it never hurts to go get checked out. I hope you feel better soon 🤗

• Like 1

I agree that it's likely due to something other than quitting. I would guess that if you were gonna have headaches due to your quit it would be in the first week or two. My money is on sinus issues. This time of year they're pretty common for me anyway. See the Dr. if you can or over the counter meds if you think it's maybe a sinus thing. Worth a try.

And anxiety at your stage of quitting; totally normal as is having a short fuse at times 😱

• Like 3

12 hours ago, CarpeLibrum said:

Anyone had this experience at this stage of the quit? 

YES!!!!!  Not exactly sure when they began.  Might have been 4-8 weeks after I quit.  I do remember they were awful headaches that persisted day and night.  For me they lasted about a month then suddenly just disappeared. Also developed really bad insomnia.  But that was also temporary.  I think your body undergoes some major adjustments over the first few months on the path to recovery.  The good news is you'll emerge much healthier in the end.

Hang in there CL.  Getting past these annoying tests makes you even stronger in your quit.  Keep that great quit going and you'll be rewarded handsomely.

Edited by BKP
  • Like 2

Your body is readjusting and realigning itself. Nicotine along with all the chemicals changes your brain and increases tension and anxiety. Hang in there and be kind to yourself. I wouldn't advocate hard drugs i.e. sleeping pills etc but a mild over the counter Valerian or melatonin supplement can help you get over the insomnia and get a goods night rest. Mental well being is of utmost importance when making any lifestyle change. Sleep is always paramount. Best of luck to you. Stay focused. These things too shall pass. 

• Like 1

Hey all. Thank you so much. 

Yesterday eve I turned what felt like a little corner - realised every muscle in my shoulders and back was tense so began very consciously relaxing them, this is helping immensely. Last night I decided right, let's kick back with a couple of glasses of wine, some music in the kitchen and a bit of a night laughing and dancing about like idiots with the other half. Now, admittedly we were flat out asleep by 9.30pm (rock and roll isn't dead kids!) but had a really good time anyway AND first proper drink without smoking felt absolutely great. Today so far no headache, and I'm just going to keep making sure I am not tensing up, keep an eye on anxious thoughts and keep going. Mother's Day tomorrow and day 28 - I'm getting there. 🤞

• Like 2