Stopping the craziness right now.

PeachFuzz

Believe it or not I'm crazy about health and fitness,  love jogging,  going to the gym and healthy eating. This nasty habit does not jibe with my lifestyle AT ALL. 

🧘🏃🛌🏋‍♀🤸💪

Something needs to change and that something is ME. 

Best of luck to all of you 🌸🌸🌸

Have a beautiful,  magical and healthy day. 

Catch u later

Phoebe xx

Edited by PeachFuzz
  • Like 5

Hello and welcome to this wonderful Train ...

Sorry you find yourself back to the start ....but you have done it before ...and I know you have it in you to do it again ..The same one rule applies ...Never stick anything in your mouth and set fire to it.!!!!

We have tons of great info here to help you along ....and great videos ....

Knowledge is power ....

Start with our daily pledge ...NOPE ....it's a promise you won't smoke in the next 24 hrs ....

Settle in ....stay close ....we are here for you ,to help you reach your goal !!!

• Like 4

So glad you found us Phoebe.  There is plenty of education, support and friendship here on the train.  You are a perfect example of how we all will have to deal with our addiction to tobacco for our entire lives.  You have been here before and know that you can quit.  So, stay strong and keep this quit going.  You can do this!

• Like 5

Welcome aboard Phoebe, sorry to hear you relapsed after twelve years quit 😞 What really helped me my first year was my air cigarette or JAC like we call it here. It worked great at getting me past those tough moments and I still use it every now and then if I'm stressing.

So in order for us to help hold you accountable you have to be willing to check in everyday if possible so we know you're still doing well. And if you're not we can help you get back on track. Sound like a plan? 😊

• Like 6

Welcome Peachfuzz!

Only you can make the decision to not put something in your mouth and light it.

NOPE

Every cig takes you back to those starting blocks.

Isn't the scenery getting old?

Welcome aboard the quittrain!

• Like 4

On 3/11/2021 at 7:16 PM, jillar said:

Welcome aboard Phoebe, sorry to hear you relapsed after twelve years quit 😞 What really helped me my first year was my air cigarette or JAC like we call it here. It worked great at getting me past those tough moments and I still use it every now and then if I'm stressing.

So in order for us to help hold you accountable you have to be willing to check in everyday if possible so we know you're still doing well. And if you're not we can help you get back on track. Sound like a plan? 😊

That sounds like a plan for sure. Thank you for the support. 

P.S. what is an air cigarette please? 

On 3/11/2021 at 11:31 AM, Doreensfree said:

Hello and welcome to this wonderful Train ...

Sorry you find yourself back to the start ....but you have done it before ...and I know you have it in you to do it again ..The same one rule applies ...Never stick anything in your mouth and set fire to it.!!!!

We have tons of great info here to help you along ....and great videos ....

Knowledge is power ....

Start with our daily pledge ...NOPE ....it's a promise you won't smoke in the next 24 hrs ....

Settle in ....stay close ....we are here for you ,to help you reach your goal !!!

That definitely sounds like a plan. Thank you for the support. What is an air cigarette please? 

@PeachFuzz, for me it was simply pretending I was holding an invisible cigarette and then going through the motions of "smoking" it. I'd take nice deep drags (air). I couldn't believe how well it worked at tricking my brain into thinking it was getting the real thing. Some people use cut straws or pens, one gal used licorice whips which I wish I had of thought of lol. 

But for a lot of us it was a great tool in the first stages of our quits 😊

• Like 3

On 3/11/2021 at 5:30 PM, Mee said:

So glad you found us Phoebe.  There is plenty of education, support and friendship here on the train.  You are a perfect example of how we all will have to deal with our addiction to tobacco for our entire lives.  You have been here before and know that you can quit.  So, stay strong and keep this quit going.  You can do this!

Thank you @Mee Yes it really is a horrible, insidious drug. I will rise again,  very soon. Keep strong sweetie. 

• Like 3

I'm glad you found this place.  The information and support has helped many of us keep our quit.   May I suggest you find a phrase or a promise to yourself or a SOLID reason for your desire to quit, some important thing to hold onto during that "as in instantly" moment.  You will be amazed at how it helps to get you past those few mins of craving.  Cry, curse, take a day off, take a bath, whatever it takes when taking a puff is NOT AN OPTION.  All the best to you!

• Like 4

Welcome to the site, Phoebe.  Sorry to hear about your relapse but I'm glad you are quitting again.  Stick around, there is a lot of support and knowledge you can gain here to make this your forever quit.

It is good to have you here.

• Like 3

Thank you Doreen. I've got to the point where enough is enough. This back and forth kills one's spirit, From now one I'm doing whatever it takes to get back to where I was before. In fact I HATE nicotine more than ever before. 

Have a lovely day in the UK and hope it's not to cold out your way.

ODAT

xx

Edited by PeachFuzz
Needed to unbold.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, PeachFuzz said:

This back and forth kills one's spirit, From now one I'm doing whatever it takes to get back to where I was before. In fact I HATE nicotine more than ever before. 

Exactly.  It chiseled away at my self esteem and made me isolate from life feeling ashamed.  Every time you push through a crave, you become stronger.  Peachfuzz, stay focused on that thought and you, not your addiction, will always be the leader of your journey!

• Like 2

If you ever feel overwhelmed by a craving or situation you're in, be sure to post up an SOS post on the page dedicated to just that. There'll be people come running to help you through. We'll go to any lengths to help you stay quit :) 

829218748_WhatHappenedWhenITriedToSmoke.gif.46fd24bd54720dc288bf44ed4de47d1f.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mee said:

Exactly.  It chiseled away at my self esteem and made me isolate from life feeling ashamed.  Every time you push through a crave, you become stronger.  Peachfuzz, stay focused on that thought and you, not your addiction, will always be the leader of your journey!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! God bless you. Yes I am the captain of this ship :)

Wow, 'Im actually feeling super empowered and read that over and over again, I AM the leader of my journey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

If you ever feel overwhelmed by a craving or situation you're in, be sure to post up an SOS post on the page dedicated to just that. There'll be people come running to help you through. We'll go to any lengths to help you stay quit :) 

829218748_WhatHappenedWhenITriedToSmoke.gif.46fd24bd54720dc288bf44ed4de47d1f.gif

I will keep that in mind thank you. Last night I had a bit of a row with a family member over something really silly (trivial) and I drove down to the beach front, sat in my car watched the ocean, and just did some box breathing.  I JUST didn't want to smoke and feel all those horrible emotions of failure *again*. I now know that my stress levels and need "to soothe" are closely linked. Today has been so much easier as I kept myself busy and I actually felt extremely relaxed. Its 19:18 now, I still do.  Let's see what tomorrow brings. Have a good evening day/evening everyone, where ever you are xx

• Like 1

You're doing great peachFuzz and have received some wonderful advice. If you want some more inspiration consider adding a ticker to your signature so you can watch all the time, money saved and cigarettes NOT smoked add up. I loved logging on to mine each morning to see my stats. Have a good night :)

https://www.quittrain.com/tickers/ 

11 minutes ago, jillar said:

You're doing great peachFuzz and have received some wonderful advice. If you want some more inspiration consider adding a ticker to your signature so you can watch all the time, money saved and cigarettes NOT smoked add up. I loved logging on to mine each morning to see my stats. Have a good night :)

https://www.quittrain.com/tickers/ 

Thank you for personal reasons I  won't be going the ticker route.  Each to their own 😉😉 Whatever blows your hair back.

• Like 1