Second vaccine

Linda

First dose just had a little sore arm. I got my second dose yesterday am , my arm is really sore last night and was up half the night nausea, fever and just feel like crap  Hope it passes soon

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Linda said:

First dose just had a little sore arm. I got my second dose yesterday am , my arm is really sore last night and was up half the night nausea, fever and just feel like crap  Hope it passes soon

Which one did you get?  I have heard that people have been getting sick with the Moderna shot.  I did not want to wait three more weeks for the Pfizer, so I got the Moderna.  I did not have any problems with the first shot.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mee said:

Which one did you get?  I have heard that people have been getting sick with the Moderna shot.  I did not want to wait three more weeks for the Pfizer, so I got the Moderna.  I did not have any problems with the first shot.

I did get the Moderna  no problem with first but this second is not great. Everyone has been different so maybe you will be fine

Edited by Linda
Spelling
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The Covid Vaccine program here in Canada is being managed by the 3 Stooges.

519872847_3Stooges.gif.650e5a836f2800ed6733294e74ee517f.gif

Nothing is going right and cases are going ever higher. Not sure what Phase we're in currently? 3 or 4 but cases are on a dramatic rise again. Then today, they've again banned Astra Zeneca vaccine for anyone under 55 years of age. A month ago they banned it for anyone over 60 years old. So I guess if you are between 55 and 60 they can shoot you up with it no problem. Wow! What a sh*t show! Meanwhile peeps are dropping left right and center and you can't gat a vaccine anywhere. Seems we've sunk to 3rd world status on this file anyway 🤪

• Sad 3

13 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Nothing is going right and cases are going ever higher. Not sure what Phase we're in currently? 3 or 4 but cases are on a dramatic rise again. Then today, they've again banned Astra Zeneca vaccine for anyone under 55 years of age. A month ago they banned it for anyone over 60 years old. So I guess if you are between 55 and 60 they can shoot you up with it no problem. Wow! What a sh*t show! Meanwhile peeps are dropping left right and center and you can't gat a vaccine anywhere. Seems we've sunk to 3rd world status on this file anyway 🤪

Sorry for the craziness. It is really sad how it is being handled

• Sad 1

On 3/29/2021 at 9:27 PM, reciprocity said:

31 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

No Vaccines = Another Full Lockdown! 

Starting Tomorrow

Lockdown1.gif.f704bebf9627d1ab467a48449619d3f7.gif

Happy Easter!!

Wow so sorry that is just crazy

Sorry for the craziness. It is really sad how it is being handled

12 minutes ago, Mee said:

I am so shocked reci.  I thought you guys were handling it better up there.  

Nope! We had better protocols in place than you guys did initially but on the vaccine front, we're batting zero pretty much. They've done the old folks homes and front line workers and that's about it

ICU's are overwhelmed so they may start turning some away plus - the bodies, where to put them? The variant strains are more easily passed on and they are a lot more infectious. Lots of younger people now going to ICU and on ventilators. It's not good, that's for sure.

I wonder how long I can hold my breath???

• Sad 4

31 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

wonder how long I can hold my breath???

I'm thinking since we have a change of leadership, things are moving better.  We have three vaccines (Moderna, Johnson and Johnson and Pfizer) in use now.  Our healthcare workers, fire and police,  people with extreme health issues and 50-70 year olds.    Hang in there reci.  Things have got to get better!

• Like 4

I had both doses of Moderna - had same reaction to both. Fever, chills, body aches and fatigue....lasted for about 30 hours then I was back to normal. In the US, every state seems to have different rules. I was lucky I moved to North Carolina when I did....was able to get appt right away with Walgreen's pharmacy in South Carolina about an hour drive away and they didn't care that I wasn't a resident of SC.

In New York, my family members had to wait in drive-through lines at one of only two locations in their county order to get shot and that was if they could even get appt. County population is 1.5 million. Disgraceful!! Only opened up the vaccines to pharmacies this month......

• Sad 1

Got my second dose of moderna last week and was expecting the fatigue,slight fever and headache for 24 hours but nothing like the first happened. Perhaps it was a dud. Who knows. I am 71 and had to wait till the pharmacies started up because arizona state sights were hard to schedule and it seems like very one was an essential worker these days. No problem once they opened up the pharmacies.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone . I'm Abby .  I have not been on this site in a while and just feel with all this covid fatigue it might be wise to stay close. Covid fatigue is real and entering into this second season is really disheartening isn't it ! 

We all thought that this would be over and yet  ( also Canadian ) we don't seem to be much better off than a year ago , but still we do see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel if we can just get these vaccines into the arms of those who want them and stay safe . We have to take care out there to protect ourselves and others . I guess just like quitting smoking in order to get past this , we just need to get through it one day at a time . 

I have had my first Pfizer vaccine ... side effects on a graded scale a one , meaning almost none and I am awaiting the second dose in 3 months . 

My 11 year old grandson is in quarantine due to one of his fellow classmates contracting covid . Mom and dad are both front line workers . One still not able to be vaccinated 😞  It's concerning for every family when covid hits. Stay safe everyone . 

Thanks for letting me share. 

• Like 5

I was just posting about this in the Curse thread @Abby. It's bad lately in the southern Ont area and many other areas across Canada. You're right. More vaccines in arms asap is what's needed. We all thought we'd be in a lot better position now even new years day 2021. Been a disappointing start but hopefully a happier ending to 2021?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just reached the two-week mark following my second Moderna shot.  I finally feel free!  I really scrambled to find an appointment to get vaccinated when they opened up my age group.  Seems like the vaccines are much more plentiful in the U.S. now.  I hope Canada gets going for those of you up north.  I was getting so down and feeling so isolated but now I feel there is hope.

Regarding the shots, I got a bad headache on the day after the first shot plus a sore arm.  Just had a sore arm after the second shot.  Well worth it!

• Like 2

The sore arm thing is a function of the person injecting you, not the vaccine. Many people, particularly in these circumstances, get a 10 minute crash course in giving injections and the result is a lot of sore arms. If you are lucky enough to be injected by someone who knows the muscular structure of the upper arm then chances are you'll not notice much soreness in the following hours or day.

• Like 1

I think that can be part of it for sure @reciprocity

Hope you are doing ok there down East . More help I think I heard today is coming your way . Hope so. 

A slight change in roll out last week qualified some with certain medical conditions to get their second dose earlier now .   I do qualify and have my appointment booked for this weekend . Grateful . 

I have such mixed emotions though , as I would like for all to have this vaccine now , all,at nice so we are all safe! 

Grandson done quarentine tomorrow . So far so good . He will be happy to get back to school . 

My thoughts continue to go out to everyone around the world . Stay safe. 

• Like 2

I was Pfizer'd.   Second dose back on the 26th had me feeling...weird.   No overt symptoms, but not quite right either.  

Kinda like the The UK Roundabout Appreciation Society or the Dill Pickle club.

image.png.da09d9c48ac274b2d75d4471749183e4.png

Wife got Maderna'd.  She got her first dose not too long ago.  While waiting in the observation area we had somebody pass out.

That sparked some excitement.   Only thing my better half experienced was a painful arm which lingered into the next day.

• Like 3

Here in the U.S. we have a sizable minority that belief vaccines are [insert conspiracy theory here], and won't have anything to do with them.

Personally, I hold that getting vaccinated is a civic duty and a benchmark of average intelligence.

Seems a lot of folks won't believe there is an pandemic unless they have to step over bodies in the street.

My thanks to all those who took the time to get immunized. 

• Like 5