Boo Is 5 Years Smoke Free Today !!!!

Doreensfree

Yaaaa Boo ....5 years ....this is .....Sound As A Pound ....👍

Carn,t believe how fast the years have flown ....

We have been on some Adventure,s....

Your now on another Wonderful New Adventure ....

Your journey on the Train has took you on a journey you never imagined....

You,ll always be ..My Partner in Crime ...and I'll be your bit on the side ....

Huge Congratulations ....Love you Heaps ❤️

tenor-43.gif

tumblr_no2c9snPrk1tkdkczo1_500.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Five years ago today, I decided to take the leap.  I stopped making excuses.  I stopped "planning."  Figured if I was going to quit smoking it was time to stop tap dancing around the subject and get to it.  I didn't have full confidence that I would be successful.  I had failed the challenge so many times before there was bound to be some doubt creep in.  There was no momentous shift in my mindset.  I didn't have some sort of epiphany at the beginning of my forever quit.  Any clarity about the process of quitting smoking came later and was earned by having quit.  Took things one day at-a-time in the beginning.  Those days turned to weeks.  Weeks turned into months...and so on.  Now I have five years under my belt and have full confidence that I will never touch a cigarette again.

I really didn't know what to expect when I started this process.  And if someone had told me how the simple act of quitting smoking would effect my life, I probably wouldn't have believed them.  Success breeds confidence and that confidence carried over into every facet of my life.  As I was successfully doing the thing that I had told myself I couldn't do, I started to ask what else was possible.  As I learned to deal with life without cigarettes, I had to do some serious self-examination to figure out how to actually confront issues rather than just stepping outside and smoking one-after-the-other.  The process stripped me down to the bone and forced me to deal with issues for the first time in my adult life; I'm far more resilient now than I was five years ago.  The initial goal was to get off of the smokes.  The final result was a better version of myself and a much improved life.

I joined the Quit Train the same day I quit smoking; one of the best decisions I ever made.  I received support from the other folks on the Train from day-one.  Gained invaluable knowledge.  On top of all that...had a good time and made some great friends along the way.  It has been an honor to ride this Train for the last five years.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2