Vaccines

Linda

33 minutes ago, garry mhudson said:

Getting my second dose on the 26th of this month. Mild side effects day after the first dose. Hope none next time. i want to be able to go back to Illinois and see family and friends this summer. Best wishes.

I have heard people are having more side effects from second one. Hope not. We will see

• Sad 1

The guy that was supposed to order the vaccine for us here in Canada was out getting his hair quaffed that day

so looks like we're S.O.L. for a few months yet. Maybe this fall?

Good news is buddy's hair looks great!

Hair.jpg.14430abd004a71a03bf5def64f7e4265.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, garry mhudson said:

Getting my second dose on the 26th of this month. Mild side effects day after the first dose. Hope none next time. i want to be able to go back to Illinois and see family and friends this summer. Best wishes.

My husband and I got our first dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday.  We got it through our county health department.  It was such a disorganized mess.  We were suppose to have designated appointments.  We waited in line 2 hours, 1/2 hour outside in the cold.  People were not social distancing because they were trying to huddle to stay warm.  It was difficult for my husband to stand two hours after just having knee replacement and there were people more unhealthier than us.  I was so disappointed that we have been so good following the guidelines by masking, staying home and missing out on the holidays and this was there answer for giving the vaccine.  I'm hoping it is not the same for the second dose.  

Enough crabbing.  I was very thankful to the firemen and nurses who were giving the vaccine.  I know they are doing their best and let them know that.  

• Like 4

I had my first dose of the vaccine on Feb 24....had to drive an hour or so into South Carolina to get it at a Walgreen's pharmacy. Made appt online, downloaded paperwork they required from their website. The setup could not have gone any easier! Walked to back of store to the Covid-19 Vaccine counter. Gave my name and the filled out paperwork they requested. There was no line of people at all! Sat down in the little waiting area they had setup (4 chairs spaced 6 ft apart). Two minutes later the pharmacist called me into a room, asked my name and DOB, opened a fresh vial of the Moderna vaccine and then before I knew it.....shot me in the arm. No pain at all...well shoulder sore a little bit the next day!

I did have a reaction to the vaccine....the next day I had a slight fever of 99.4 and the chills. Resolved itself by the next evening. My second dose is March 20th at the same Walgreen's.

I know family and friends back home in NY are having quite a time getting access to the vaccine....as appts only available at limited locations in NYC and LI. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

The guy that was supposed to order the vaccine for us here in Canada was out getting his hair quaffed that day

Good news is buddy's hair looks great!

Hair.jpg.14430abd004a71a03bf5def64f7e4265.jpg

You sure he got it quaffed and not queefed? 😂

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Rozuki said:

I had my first dose of the vaccine on Feb 24....had to drive an hour or so into South Carolina to get it at a Walgreen's pharmacy.

We were signed up at Walgreens, Drug Mart and CVS Pharmacy.  They are running 4 weeks behind and still doing the 70 yr. olds.  I probably should have waited but I could not wait to get it.  I did not have any reaction, (except frustration with the process and wait).  My arm wasn't even that sore.  Yes, I hear New York is crazy.

• Like 3