Back at it and this time for good

Ray1198

Hi guys!

I’ve been on and off this site and obviously was struggling to quit. I just finished Allan Carr’s book and smoked my last cigarette at 5.23 PM today. I had a bunch of extras left and I ripped and threw them away. It’s the usual crap, oh I’ll finish this pack and stop. And then I’ll go buy another and the same cycle. I hope to be active here and make it to the other side with you guys this time! I’ve had enough of this nonsense.

Ray

• Like 9

Welcome back Ray! You sound committed this time around. That's good. Keep the image and emotion of that commitment close to your heart as you begin your quit because you WILL be tested along the way but you will have a whole community and a lot of solid information on this site to help you along.

Stay close as you begin and take it just one day at a time for now.

• Like 4

Hi Ray, good to see you back 😊 As you already know we are here 24/7 to help you succeed so stick close and shout out if you need us. 

You also might take a look around at all our various forums. We have a wealth of information about our addiction including a whole video forum if you rather watch than read.

And if you want to stick close but get your mind off the quit, our Social forums are the place to go. 😊

• Like 4

Welcome back, Ray. I am still pretty new myself. My pattern was similar as in buying a pack, smoking a few and throwing it away. Only problem was I would repeat that insanity almost every day. Stick close on here. I feel hopeful now and am utilizing the forum more often instead of isolating. 

• Like 4

Hi and Welcome Ray ...

Congratulations on the great decision to take your life back ....

This place IS the place to be to quit smoking for good ....

We have all the tools to get you to Freedom ....but it's still down to you my friend to do the work ...

All you need is the desire to be free ...

• Like 3

Welcome Ray, congratulations on making the best decision you'll ever make. Grab a seat and enjoy your journey towards a happier and healthier life. The support you'll get from everyone here is the best.

• Like 2

Welcome back Ray.  Good call on giving up the smokes.

On 3/6/2021 at 7:58 PM, Ray1198 said:

I hope to be active here and make it to the other side with you guys this time! 

That is entirely doable.  

Quitting smoking, like most things in life, is all about the choices we make.  Make the right choice.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...